Destination Weddings Discussions

And Then She Did This....

So here's the latest in the crazy tales of D's mom. I came home yesterday from running errands to find a paper bag on the kitchen counter with some notes scribbled on it about another reception the first weekend we get back from Maui. I asked D what it was all about and he told me his mom called saying she wanted to have a reception at his parent's house right after we got home from Maui. A reception for all if his mom's cousins that don't live in Oregon, we have no relationship with and we didn't invite to our AHR and all of her friends that we didn't invite. We invited the ones who are nice to us and we like. We invited all family we know and have some kind of relationship with. I couldn't believe this! Just the idea of one more wedding event almost made me breakdown. But, I held it together and said no way. First of all she can't just decide when we have to be there for an event that's supposed to be for us. I know we aren't going to want to leave the house that weekend after being gone for 15 days and will have lots to catch up on. When D asked her about having it another time she said that was the only time that would work for these cousins of her's to travel here. Which means she's been planning this without even asking us about it. Second, so rude to try and force another reception before the one we are having. If she was going to throw another one it'd need to be after the one we are already having. It'd be like if I was throwing a birthday party for D, let her know, invited her, fully planned it and sent out all of the invitations and then she decided to throw her own party for him the week before with the ppl she wanted there. You just don't do that. Third with all the stress and things to do for the ahr, I already wish we weren't having one. So there's no way I want to have a second one. As it is we have a ton to do after the wedding to get the house ready for the AHR and can't afford to give up the time of one of our few weekends between the two so she has a reason to use her new guest room. Yes, she said she wanted to have the reception so she could have guests in her new guest room. WTF? There's no way I am doing this. Just writing this made my stress level go back up. Ugh! Where's Lindsay? She needs to read this.

Re: And Then She Did This....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards