Christian Weddings

Prayer Requests - week of 5/29

Sorry ladies - forgot to post this yesterday.  Anyone have praises or prayer requests for the week?

Re: Prayer Requests - week of 5/29

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amongthelilies (Monica) posted yesterday and today on the other prayer thread.  Please remember her and Martin.

5/29 - Prayer: Fi and i have been going over budgets (for wedding and after) and it is stressful. FI has been in school for the past 9 months so all the money to pay for the wedding has been on me. which means we have NO savings to help us. Our families are helping as much as they can and FMIL has paid for the 2 most expensive things (facility and food) but there is still a lot to pay for and only 2 months to pay it all off. FI should be starting his job soon so pray that he gets lots of hours and work. 
    we have been trying to look at apartments... and the ones in our price point are like in sketchy neighborhoods. We are trusting God that He will provide!
    5/30 - Prayer: So... my FI just called me and told me that the job that has been lined up for for MONTHS is not going to happen. the boss said that he just doesnt have enough work. we were REALLY counting on that job and that income and now my FI feels lost. he is very very stressed out and frustrated. we have 2 months to pay all of our wedding expenses and my paycheck alone wont cover the bills. he wasn't looking for a job when he got home for school because we thought he was going to have this job. 
    ah! i know God will provide but just pray for peace. thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Praying, Lisa and Monica.  Definitely.  Oh and for the others who mentioned needing it too.  

Prayers:
    (I edited this since I first posted)
    1) My townhouse needs to sell ASAP.
    2) My job.  My contract is renewed, but I am so unhappy. 
    3) FI's job - depending on where my new job is, he may have to find a new job.
    4) Just got last paycheck for the school year ... and the district still owes me 3 days of pay.  I'm going to get that resolved hopefully today or Friday.

Praises:
    1) After today, only 6 more school days!
    2) Getting SO many things done that are wedding-related!  Woot!
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I will be adding the above prayer requests to my prayer list.

I have a silly request (well it seems silly to me). I know "times are hard" for everyone but I get so tired of living month to month, paying bills and getting by. I am trying to set aside as much money as I can with my PT job for the wedding (I have a FT job as well) but there always seems to be something that needs $$. 

Sorry for the ramble, but I guess I am praying for financial reassurance that it will all work out. Thanks.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Prayer- My brother and his girlfriend have been making some questionable decisions and they have not spent a night apart in almost 2 weeks (until Monday night). They're both 21.  He's still living at home because he goes to a local college and she lives in an apartment with a roommate.  My brother is committed to not having sex before marriage, but he doesn't realize what a slippery slope he's on right now.  We were raised with the belief that you do not live together until marriage.  He's still living under our parents' roof and ~90% of his support still comes from mom & dad.  FI is going to try to talk to him, and I'm hoping it helps.  Mom texted him the other night and asked when he was coming home, and he said, "Wednesday, and GF is coming with me."  Mom asked where he was sleeping...he said her couch...mom said she didn't approve...brother got ticked off and stormed home, and only texted, "On the way home.  Thanks a lot.  Hope you approve now."  He can't even be in the same room as mom right now.  I just want to thunk both of them (bro & gf) in the head...

Prayse- My cousin and her husband entered the adoption process 6 years ago when they were told she would never get pregnant.  After years of getting the run around from the adoption organization, my cousin got pregnant and has a beautiful 2 1/2 year old who will be one of our flower girls, and is now pregnant with another girl, due in September.  They never took their name off the adoption list, and got a referral for a baby girl in Taiwan that they can pick-up in January if everything goes through.  She'll be 1 in September.  They're praying for discernment because when they entered the process, they felt God was calling them to adopt, and if He is, they don't want to say no.  They also know that in January while they're travelling to Taiwan, they'll have a 3 year old and a 4 month old and just need to figure out what God wants for their family.
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Prayer: I think I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday. I woke up around 2 AM extremely uncomfortable and I've been up ever since. I decided to go into work, but I'm not sure I'll last the entire day. I have tomorrow off because FI and I are going to a church pre-marital retreat (you can pray about that too if you want) and I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of sitting and listening and sleeping in uncomfortable beds. So, this is pretty much the worst timing ever. It hurts to do anything besides sit without my back resting against anything.

Thanks, ladies!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Praise: I have an update on the above prayer request. I just got a call from the leasing office saying I over paid rent for May by $100. No wonder I was so crunched for money at the end of May!! They are going to credit it towards July's rent. Silly me but so thankful.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    edited December 2011
    I'll be praying for all of you.

• edited December 2011
    I know that I am new, but I have a few requests:

1. I've been job hunting so hard....prayers for a new job would be sooo appreciated.

2. My daughter has been very sick...prayers for her speedy recovery would also be very much appreciated

"Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • edited December 2011
    I need prayers for self control.  I am having trouble sticking to my diet and I really need to lose weight before the wedding.  Not just for looks, but for health.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you all!

Prayer: please pray that FI does well on his certification test (hoping to take it in the next couple of weeks) and can find a better paying job soon! 

Oh, finances. Why must you always be such a burden!

Praise: I have 12 school days left of this summer session I'm taking! I'm so so thankful to almost be done and to have had a successful summer. Only God could've gotten me through this hellish, super fast 6 weeks of classes!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Prayer: I found out my closest friend where I am is moving back home sometime this summer. She is in an awful relationship and I am praying everything goes ok when she tells him. He is going to flip and he is borderline getting physical with her. My heart is really heavy today.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Prayer: Frustrating day at work/school.  Only 4 more days with students, then we have "adult only" days (teacher workdays).  UGH!!!!

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
    edited December 2011
    Please pray for the Austin family.  Son/brother Caleb, 22, died in a car accident and his wife Lyndsey, 20, is in critical condition in the hospital.  He was a Marine and just returned safely from Afghanistan.  I am so sad over this.
  • edited December 2011
    Prayer:  That my two dogs get along.  Thanks ladies!!

Praise:  I mentioned (a lot probably now) that I'm getting back into my walk with God and that DH has never really been taught that.  He's never really spoken about anything with God, other than when I bring it up.  Well the other day he said, "I think God's giving us a sign."  Progress!!  :)  Only by His grace and in His timing!!
  • edited December 2011
    Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about the family you knew in the car accident. My heart breaks over this.

LittleBigO, that is great to hear about DH. Baby steps.

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards