Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

AW: Going to try on dresses!

Squueeeeeee! I'm going to try on wedding dresses for the first time today! I'm so excited I can barely stand it! 2 more hours and then I can leave for my appointment, I can't wait! 

Re: AW: Going to try on dresses!

• edited December 2011
    Yay!!!! Have fun!!!! Take plenty of pics. And try on dresses they suggest even if you don't think it is your style. I know quite a few people who found their dresses that way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I plan on going in with a fairly open mind about the whole thing. My only major requirement is that it be a dress that is able to be made without a train, and isn't completely made out of satin. One more hour! Yippeee! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I had a few must haves as well. That certainly helps guide the person helping you. I just found it so hard to know if I liked something when they were all scruntched up in the bags.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    how did it go? 
    so exciting! 

nat
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    I ended up not getting to go :(  My front passenger car tire basicaly fell off as I was turning out of the driveway. I was super super bummed, as I was really excited to go try them on! So instead of wedding dress shopping we had to spend the day car shopping. Which sucked. Sigh.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that Cackle!!! Going to MN anytime soon to try on dresses with your mom?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, actually, we'll be there in just under a month, so I'm hoping to be able to squeeze in a dress shopping appointment while we're there. I may also go this weekend with FI's friend who is a graphic/website designer for David's Bridal and wants to see how the actually stores run. Plus if I do find a dress there he gets an employee discount, which seeing as we had to buy me a new car this week, could really come in handy! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards