August 2012 Weddings
Options

My dress is in!

I got a voicemail last night that my dress is in and I can make my first appointment for alterations. So excited. Although I do have a question. I will be shortening the dress. Should I do the alterations after I have the shoes purchased?

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: My dress is in!

• Options
    Yes, definitely wait to do the alterations until after you have the shoes purchased.   To be honest, you're probably best waiting until at least May to do alterations as you will probably lose weight before the wedding (I'm assuming you're like 90% of brides who want to lose weight for their wedding).  Best to have it all done at once!

I got mine hemmed already and the bustle put in, but I have my shoes and undergarmets (also important).  The only reason I did that already is because I'm moving the end of May, so it limits the amount of work we'll have to do when we get to our destination before the wedding as we'll have limited time.

Anniversary

• Options
    So exciting! And yes I would wait to do your first fitting until you get yours shoes. :)
  • Options

Yay, so exciting!  Ive been waiting for mine.  They said it should be shipped to me by the 1st of March, so should be within the next few weeks!  I cant wait

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_my-dress-is-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:cadb9d2c-75d2-46c1-9bdd-020e558c6579Post:1097d91f-19d9-4be5-a8c4-32faf9dd1e0d">Re: My dress is in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay, so exciting!  Ive been waiting for mine.  They said it should be shipped to me by the 1st of March, so should be within the next few weeks!  I cant wait
    Posted by eseney82[/QUOTE]

Mine is supposed to come in sometime in March too! I can't wait! for March to get here!

I would definetly wait for your shoes to come in though, that would be hard to fix if you needed it longer after you did get some shoes, yikes!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would definitely wait until you have your shoes!!  Also if you plan to use a hoop bring that to your fitting as well!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Question for you ladies, how many of you got your dress from David's?  If so, how long did it take you to get it (was it on time, late, early?)  This, of course, is assuming you've already gotten it?

Mine isn't supposed to come in until May and I am itching to get it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just called the store and they agreed to wait on the alterations they actually suggested about 3 weeks before the wedding but that seems like way too close to the date.   They also said I can come and visit my dress anytime I want.   I will probably go in next week and see it just to make sure that it is the right one. 

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My dress came in in December.  The way my salon works is that you go in when it comes in to make sure the sizing is correct and to make sure it is what you wanted and to do an initial basting on the hem. 

I didn't have my shoes for my first fitting. 

I got my shoes about two weeks ago and need to schedule another fitting to get them hem line correct with the shoes.  FYI my dress is all lace so in order to change anything they have to take apart the whole dress, which takes a long time.

They told me they won't even touch the fit until about a month before the wedding.

Good Luck and find some shoes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards