New Jersey
Options

Marriage certificate - how long did yours take?

We got married at the end of October and have not yet received our marriage certificate.  Is this normal?  How long should it take to receive it?  Or, does it depend on the town/city?  TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Marriage certificate - how long did yours take?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_marriage-certificate-how-long-did-yours-take?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:783b3b24-3595-442d-bf6a-82ad06511d1bPost:69d237ff-bd63-4565-8267-61e796712703">Marriage certificate - how long did yours take?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got married at the end of October and have not yet received our marriage certificate.  Is this normal?  How long should it take to receive it?  Or, does it depend on the town/city?  TIA!
    Posted by ljsquintz[/QUOTE]

As far as I know you have to personally go to the town hall and pick it up.  This may or may not be true of all towns.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2012

You have to call and request them.  I got married in West Orange and they emailed me a form to fill out and mail back with a check for the amount specific to the number of copies I was requesting.  From what I understand, they don't just mail them out unless you request them.

• Options
    You probably have to pick this up.  I had no idea we never had an official marriage license because our church gave us something on the day we were married, but when I went to the DMV they wouldn't accept a church document as something official.  So we had to go pick them up and pay for them.  I suggest getting at least 2 and keep at least 1 if not both in a safe deposit box.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I either had to pick mine up or get them mailed to me. They didn't just send them automatically because you have to pay for them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is so helpful, thanks ladies!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards