January 2012 Weddings

Ceremony Cost is SUPER high

I am mad at the super high cost of my ceremony. I am getting married in my Catholic church that I grew up in and it is costing me $700! It is $300 for the coordinator that they assigned (she is also the soloist), $250 for the violinist, and $150 for the organist. I had the option of not having the violinist but it would be very plain with just the organ. Also, to get married in the Catholic church we had to do our "engaged weekend retreat" which was $300.

So all in all it is $1000 to have this ceremony!

Are you paying anything close to this?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ceremony Cost is SUPER high

• Groomzilla didn't realize how much weddings cost in New Orleans on a Saturday evening in the french quarter with open bar, band, etc etc etc.  We knew what we wanted to spend but unfortunately were not able to stay in that area.  I've picked up a couple of Saturdays a month of work to help with the costs.  Blah.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_ceremony-cost-super-high?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:9bde66f3-b63e-429d-8d31-b608193b6c8aPost:fcec3239-c68d-4d15-868e-c47d90dd41e4">Re: Ceremony Cost is SUPER high</a>:
    [QUOTE]Groomzilla didn't realize how much weddings cost in New Orleans on a Saturday evening in the french quarter with open bar, band, etc etc etc.  We knew what we wanted to spend but unfortunately were not able to stay in that area.  I've picked up a couple of Saturdays a month of work to help with the costs.  Blah.
    Posted by Rdh2MrsOMFS[/QUOTE]

Reading things like this makes me glad that we're having ours on a Wednesday, in January, not doing an open bar.  However, I am upset about not having a band.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards