North Dakota

Someone to do Video

Any suggestions for reasonably-priced videography? We don't need any bells and whistles or anything, just want to capture the day and don't want to ask a friend or family member to miss out because they have a camera to their face the whole time...a traditional videographer isn't in the budget.

TIA!!

Re: Someone to do Video

• edited December 2011
    I would check into the colleges.  For things that aren't as important to you but  still want to do, you can find students that are just happy to be making extra cash.  Granted, I would make sure their professors would recommend them. For example, in order to have my dj play for the ceremony it would cost about an extra $200.  I am planning on asking a select few students in the Jamestown Concert Choir to maybe sing a few songs.  They will get recognition, payment and be able to add it to their portfolio. I dont know for sure how much we are going to pay yet, but Im sure it will be less than $200.  I am also having a photographer that just graduated from school.  She may not have the experience as someone who has been doing it for several years, but from the work I have seen, I really like and I'm saving about $1000. Maybe for videography, you could contact someone in the media department. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    My videographer is from Omaha, NE, and I"m getting married in Iowa. The company is Visualities Videography....videographers around here are SUPER expensive, so we decided to look elsewhere and found her.  She is just starting off, so her prices are really good and fit within our budget.

Here is her website: www.visualitiesvideography.com

Otherwise, PP gave some great advice.  Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    if you have a church I'd check with them- my church has someone that we can hire for the ceremony for $75 or $150, depending on how involved. For a full day probably would be a bit more...
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know of any professionals that do this in the area?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JustineOliviaJustineOlivia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much everyone! I ended up asking a communications professor, who recommended a student for me. I think he'll do a great job, and the price is good too. The school is allowing him to use their professional equipment, too, so it's a win-win situation I think!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards