May 2013 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon Help

Morning ladies,
 I need some advice/help. FI & I want to go somewheres hot after the wedding (May 25th wedding date, possible departure date May 27th). We've never been anywheres before (other then Disneyworld). Can you give me some info on places you've been or are going to? Our budget will probably be $1500/person (Canadian $$). We're not big party people, we just want to be able to be on a beach, have some drinks & relax together. Any bit of info would help me out!

Re: Honeymoon Help

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    How long would you like to go for? Do you want to go out of the country? 

ETA: Sorry, I just reread & realized you're in Canada haha 

I'm a big fan of where FI & I are going on our honeymoon (The Royal Playa del Carmen in Mexico - clicky). Two of my friends also stayed here on their honeymoons & said they had an amazing time. If we wanted to lay on the beach all day every day we could totally do that but if we wanted to leave the resort to sight-see we could do that also (the big selling point of going to Mexico for us). I booked through Hotwire because they had the best prices. 

• Options
    What rdr said! We are going to the sister reaort of her resort (The Royal Cancun) and it was about 4000 all together with flight and all, but we also booked one of the higer rooms with a wrap around balcony. I'm sure you could get into either Royal resort in a great room for around that price. We went through a travel agent FI's family has used for years.
    We were also considering Couples resorts in Jamaica... take a look! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_honeymoon-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:99bd22fd-b184-4354-9a84-dde4fd66b9b6Post:586eaac8-6f54-4b0b-a179-cdca23776936">Re: Honeymoon Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long would you like to go for? Do you want to go out of the country?  ETA: Sorry, I just reread & realized you're in Canada haha  I'm a big fan of where FI & I are going on our honeymoon ( The Royal Playa del Carmen in Mexico  - clicky). Two of my friends also stayed here on their honeymoons & said they had an amazing time. If we wanted to lay on the beach all day every day we could totally do that but if we wanted to leave the resort to sight-see we could do that also (the big selling point of going to Mexico for us). I booked through Hotwire because they had the best prices. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

We'd like to go for a week. Were you able to book your HM for May? Or when are you going?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_honeymoon-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:99bd22fd-b184-4354-9a84-dde4fd66b9b6Post:4b56095e-4e51-4b97-bcdc-9776cc2dde5a">Re: Honeymoon Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon Help : We'd like to go for a week. Were you able to book your HM for May? Or when are you going?
    Posted by tandrosoff[/QUOTE]

<div>We're leaving on Tuesday, May 7th (our wedding is Saturday, May 4th). We're staying for 12 days & I splurged & booked the ocean-view room. If you did a normal junior-suite for a week though, you should definitely be within your budget!</div>

• Options
    There are tons of places that do all inclusive deals--you can try CheapCarribean.com to find destinations. Also look through travel sites...I went to Jamaica a few years ago and paid a little over $1100 for everything, including round trip airfare. 
    We stayed at the Riu Palace (I think...) in Jamaica and it was GORGEOUS.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really recommend contacting a travel agent. We used one to book our honeymoon and she was able to find us a cheaper rate than I had originally found online. We only had to put 500 down and can make payments up until six weeks before we leave. What's great is that she is paid thru the resorts so it didn't cost us any extra to have someone else do the leg work. You can most likely purchase insurance that allows you to cancel or change your booking. Our insurance even allows us to lock in if a lower price should it come along. I'm pretty excited about the honeymoon. I have a feeling I'm really going to need it :
    May 2013 Siggy: Venue image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards