Pennsylvania

help finding a jeweler in lehigh valey

hi all!! i am wondering if anyone is familiar with any of the jewelers in the area? i am looking for a trustworthy person to repair my antique engagement ring as well as to custom make my wedding bands to go with it. i am not from around here, so any help is hugely appreciated!

Re: help finding a jeweler in lehigh valey

• Do not go to Lehigh Valley Jewelry Exchange in Bethlehem. I took an antique platinum ring there that I needed resized. The ring was worth about $12k so I asked if it would be staying in the store. The gemologist said it would and then quoted me a price of about $250.

The next day, he called and said it would be at least $450, he had underestimated the price of platinum. I told him I would pick it up to be done elsewhere. When I got there, he informed me that the woman who does the resizing had it and he didn't know when she would be back with it.

I made him call her right then and waited for her.

In short, don't use them cause they lie.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try Vogt's Jewelers in Allentown, that's where we went for my engagement ring and have been back multiple times since then and have always been very accomodating. It's a family owned business and everyone there is wonderful and super nice. I have not had any issues with them and they seem very trustworthy so far. When we were looking for my ring we visited a few jewelers in the area and immediately felt most comfortable with Vogt's.

Hope that's helpful!
  • We actually did end up going to vogts and had a fantastic experience! Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards