June 2012 Weddings

Ahhhh.. putting in my two weeks notice felt so GOOD!

I put in my two weeks notice tonight at work. I work Sonic Drive-In and my boss was absolutely ridiculous. Drama starting, rumor speading b*tch honestly.

I was working five nights a week, closing all of them. I've worked at Sonic since I was 14, I'm 21 now on and off. She was telling people that "I had no idea what I was talking about". 

There's so many other things wrong in the establishment I can't even begin to tell you. She puts more work on the managers so she doesn't have to do it. Many things are broken and she will not fix them, causing for customers to complain and things to not get done properly. She is supposed to work 45 hours a week, she "works" about 25 and even then she's not working because she sits on her phone and texts or talks the entire time she's there, never helping us.

ANYWAYS, now that I've vented. I put my two weeks notice in tonight! It is just such a relief and i just can't help but smile. I don't really know what I'm going to do about a job, but I know something will come up.
image Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ahhhh.. putting in my two weeks notice felt so GOOD!

• Yay! I am happy for you! Sometimes enough is enough!
    I hear you with not wanting to put up with crappy managers! If I could afford to quit my job, I would.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck, i would be speaking to the owner or corporate about her as well as quitting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_ahhhh-putting-in-my-two-weeks-notice-felt-so-good?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1785bbf8-aaaf-4c7e-a3f2-ebb040e51badPost:d0a2c4ed-2a66-41bc-8f9a-e447d7c22fc4">Re: Ahhhh.. putting in my two weeks notice felt so GOOD!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck,<strong> i would be speaking to the owner or corporate about her as well as quitting.
    </strong>Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]

Agree. Someone needs to know what is going on. Congrats on putting in your 2 weeks and hope a new jobs opens up soon for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good for you! I can't wait to quit my job either.  Poor management stinks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • I have spoken to the owner. Multiple people have. In the past two weeks two managers (myself and another girl), a cook and a carhop have all quit because of our General Manager, yet they don't see that there is any sort of problem? It's almost like the owners just see us as disposeable. They just hire new people. 

I even asked one of the owners to be transfered to a different store in town that they own. He says he will call me back, he never does. I've taken it into my own hands and I'm trying to transfer by talking to the General Manager at that store. Hopefully it'll work out. 

It's ridiculous! I plan on talking to someone higher up about the conditions. It feels great to know my stress is about to be relieved though. Hopefully putting in my two weeks won't cause even more drama.. 
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!  I completely understand how frustrating that can be (been there, done that).  Good luck finding another position.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards