Florida-North Florida

Key West style in North FL

Hello everyone,

I've just begun the process of planning--haven't even pinned down a location yet, but very close. While my fiance and I originally wanted to get married in Key West, we decided it was just too far south for most of our guests, and are about to book instead with a historic plantation home/museum in Tallahassee.

I've been to Key West at least 5 times and love the blend of old, historic florida style with the tropical, colorful atmosphere. I was hoping, maybe I could replicate that blend by adding Key West elements to a very classically Southern venue. 

Any North FL brides out there who have tried giving their venue/theme/decor a beachy/tropical/South FL feel?

Re: Key West style in North FL

• edited December 2011
    Hi, Meg!

I haven't planned anything like this but I wanted to suggest maybe hiring a wedding planner than help with your vision. I love it, BTW! :-) Try checking out John Gandy or A Savvy Affair. They are both in Tallahassee and I think either would be a huge help!

Just FYI... John Gandy isn't cheap but he is amazing!

The ladies at A Savvy Affair aren't as experienced as John but they are good and can offer you a great deal for great work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards