Iowa-Quad Cities

Cake again

So I was looking on here and the only cake place for Iowa listed is Le Cake. Has anyone even heard of them? They are in Davenport.  Im just curious it anyone tried a sample or worked with anyone there :) Thanks girls http://www.qcweddings.com/VendorWeb/LeCake/

Re: Cake again

• LoveMyPEguyLoveMyPEguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try this site for a couple more:http://www.qcweddings.com/vendordirectory/vendordirectory-category.asp?vcat=5I used Joanne Cunningham (Cunningham Confctionery) in Eldridge and it was hands down the best cake I've ever had. I'm still hearing praise from my guests. And she was really affordable, too. There's a pic of my cake in my married bio.And you should also check out Perian Webb with Sweet Perfections. She's out of Davenport. She is really nice and her cake is yummy and fun.Good Luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where your event will actually be, but if you are south of the QC on the Iowa side, there's a great place called Country Cakes and Cookies out of Morning Sun (down toward Burlington). Michelle is the proprietor - she runs the business out of her home so she can stay home with her three children. She does a great job and is very affordable (starting at $1.75/serving).
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I have sampled her stuff at a bridal expo.  It wasn't the best or the worst.  qcweddings people praise her, and her cakes are pretty... but at both of the expos I went to she was the rudest out of all the cake people and least willing to answer questions..... before that I was thinking she would be my cake decorator, but now I won't be picking her. I want somebody polite.
  • spagrl33spagrl33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd have to agree with nicolie81587 about Le Cake. While the cakes are very pretty, they are certainly not the best(still good but not amazing)tasting out there and the owner is most nicely put it very rude. Not someone I would ever want to deal with on my wedding day.  Sweet Perfections is doing my wedding cake and Perian by far has the best cakes I have ever tasted! She is very sweet and has been the best person to work with. She has made all the birthday cakes that I've needed over the past year since I met her at an expo. Also another place to try is Heller Cakes. They also have delicious cakes and are very nice people as well. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards