South Asian Weddings
Options

Photos: how long does it normally take?

Hi ladies! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving holiday.

it's been a month from my wedding and I don't have my photos yet. Does it normally take this long? I regret not asking this question when I was shopping for a photographer...

Also when I have my pics I'd like to make a Photo Book album, any recomendations? Kodak Gallery?
I'd like to do it myself that way I can save some $.

Same with the slide show, is that something I can do it or have to request my photographer?
DS was born in April 2012 at 31 weeks - 45 days in NICU ?If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?? M.B.

Re: Photos: how long does it normally take?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my photographer was able to send me a good amount of shots just a couple weeks after the wedding, about a month later we got a complete set.  depending on how busy your photographer is, it may take longer...but i'd be surprised if you havent seen any pics from your photog yet..

i've used kodakgallery and snapfish, about the same to me, i would look into mpix as well.

as for a slideshow, if you're looking for one to send out to family and friends, this is probably somethign your photographer should provide, unless you have a website where you could host all those images...but i really think most photographers should provide that.

GL!
  • Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm 6 months out and I don't have my CD of pictures yet.  I've seen them all on the pictage site, but I haven't received my CD with all of the post processed images (will get it when I get my video, album, etc.).  My photog posted all of the pics on pictage within a few weeks of the wedding

I wouldn't worry  - I've heard of people waiting well over 1 month to get their pictures.

As for an album - I will be making parent albums and will either use mpix or mypublisher.  I've heard that the quality of many of the other pictures sites isn't as good for photo books.  Mpix is supposed to be pretty close to what the professionals use.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got all my pictures a month after my wedding - a DVD of the full-res pics. I thought that was pretty quick, but my relatives thought that was too long (in India I guess you get photos back a lot faster - but believe me, there's a lot of differences between my photos and the ones of my cousins' weddings in India!).  I think 1 - 2 months may be a standard wait, depending on how busy your photographer is. 
  • Options
    egoego
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did albums from Blurb.com. They turned out lovely.
    My photographer did the online slideshow.
  • Options
    neha1683neha1683 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it took me about a month to get all my pictures, with a sneak preview of a few pics a week after the wedding.  And i'm using mixbook to make albums for my smaller wedding events!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards