Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Security Recommendations?

I couldn't find a recommendation on the sticky. I need to hire security for my ceremony and reception...any recommendations on vendors or does anyone know how I go about hiring an off-duty police officer? I was hesitant to just call up the local PD and ask so I thought I'd start here. I asked my venue, but they don't require security so no help there. Also is anyone doing a guest list where people must check into get into the wedding? Thanks!

Re: Security Recommendations?

• Options
    I would probably just call up the PD in the city where you are having your wedding. You just tell them you have an event you need an off duty officer for. They'll find someone that will be willing to work. (But obviously you'd have to pay, I don't know if you set the amount or if they have a set amount).
  • Options
    Have you asked your venue? Ours is taking care of getting security we just pay for it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the PD but I came close to having a check-in at the wedding because of the limited space that we had. In the end it didn't matter and we were a few ppl under our max count. I have heard of people doing that, my only fear was that what if you make a mistake and they turn away someone you want here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    what city? My ex husband is with dallas and I also know several other officers throughout the area in different cities.
  • Options
    oh and email me if you need recs Im not on here super often! prlmrg08 at gmail dot com
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I called the local PD and they're working to find me some off-duty officers. So glad to have this lined up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards