Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Decor?

Now that I've chosen a venue and have a date set, I've been thinking of color choices... I'm picturing a Mandarin orange and fuschia with purple accents, but who puts it all together so I can see my vision?? I'm just wanting to make sure my guests won't be I overwhelmed with color!
Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217

Re: Decor?

• Options
    I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you looking for input on your color choices?  Or do you want a coordinator/florist/some other vendor to "put it all together"?

I think fuschia and orange were some of the "hot color combos" on the Knot mainpage when I was planning my wedding, so I'm sure you could find some pictures to help you decide how to make those colors work!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Well, I know I'm going to have to rent linens and have flowers, so does the florist put a "sample" table together to show what my reception would look like based on my chosen colors?  Or would I just have to have my own 'eye' as to what looks good together (like tablecloth vs runner vs napkin and accents)?  Does that clarify?
  • Options

I definitely like the Mandarin Orange and the Purple...but I would use the Fuschia as the accent rather than the main color...I think it would compete too much with the Orange...cream would probably be an awesome color to tie them all together! 

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_decor-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:27694a62-b6ad-41e9-93b6-114b94b23df0Post:a7d79485-108f-4977-b9dc-cce2f1c010b4">Re: Decor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I know I'm going to have to rent linens and have flowers, so does the florist put a "sample" table together to show what my reception would look like based on my chosen colors?  Or would I just have to have my own 'eye' as to what looks good together (like tablecloth vs runner vs napkin and accents)?  Does that clarify?
    Posted by tprice11[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, my florist put together a few sample centerpieces, but my coordinator had to bring fabric swatches to the meeting for us to see what different linens would look like.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think the flowers should be the main focus of your table, and your linens secondary (like rsaleh said, cream might be nice AND save you some money on rentals), so maybe get with your florist first and start brainstorming ideas and types of flowers to use (mine was a wholesaler, so they put some samples together right there in my first meeting).  Then look into linens and maybe order some swatches to see what would look best?</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_decor-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:27694a62-b6ad-41e9-93b6-114b94b23df0Post:63e0abab-e5b5-4c74-af0a-6005c5a8c623">Re: Decor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Decor? : Well, my florist put together a few sample centerpieces, but my coordinator had to bring fabric swatches to the meeting for us to see what different linens would look like. I think the flowers should be the main focus of your table, and your linens secondary (like rsaleh said, cream might be nice AND save you some money on rentals), so maybe get with your florist first and start brainstorming ideas and types of flowers to use (<strong>mine was a wholesaler</strong>, so they put some samples together right there in my first meeting).  Then look into linens and maybe order some swatches to see what would look best?
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Who did you use? 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks professor, that seems to be what I've seen on tv (and we know how realistic that is!! Wink) but that gives me an idea on how to move forward!
  • Options
    If you google your colors, like "orange and fuscia wedding", inspiration boards will come up and that can help you start to visualize how you want things to look.  I really already had my vision for my wedding from day one, but they were still helpful to me as well, just to pull those little details together.
  • Options
    Thanks Stephie and RSaleh, I have googled and I can definitely picture all three colors together!  And I think if I find the right pink and orange, they'll look fabulous together...  Thanks so much for your ideas!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_decor-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:27694a62-b6ad-41e9-93b6-114b94b23df0Post:1ebd80dc-1705-4855-8651-d87a8e7648a3">Re: Decor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Decor? : Who did you use? 
    Posted by rsaleh84[/QUOTE]

<div>I used Out of the Garden -- they are in Irving, close to DFW Airport.  Very happy with the results!</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    When I first came on TK in 2009, one of the prettiest weddings I saw on this board was pink and orange.  I have always wished I had made note of it to show others wanting to use those colors.  It was so pretty without being overwhelming.

When you begin meeting with florists, etc., a good one will be able to help you pull your vision together as you discuss ideas.  So if someone isn't able to help you do that, think about meeting with someone else.  Then the rest will be just details.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_decor-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:27694a62-b6ad-41e9-93b6-114b94b23df0Post:1f7a8fc7-5bab-4f24-9f01-d2c8d1a6a018">Re: Decor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Decor? : I used Out of the Garden -- they are in Irving, close to DFW Airport.  Very happy with the results!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Awesome thank you so much! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    My favorite inspiration pictures were of a fuschia and orange wedding. Sadly, I only have one photo saved of it and no amount of googling is helping me find the rest of the pictures! (I know there was an entire blog of this wedding, and I think the venue was nearby in DFW! But I can't find it!)

Anyway, the pic is here:

And here's a link to my photographer's blog post for my wedding. Halfway down the page there's a bunch of reception decor pics. We had pale pink + rose pink + orange. If you see the pic of my bridesmaids, they all chose a different pastel/light color. I did wonder if it would be a mess of bright colors, but I think it turned out great! Link.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards