Oklahoma
Options

NEED HELP WITH FINDING AN INEXPENSIVE RECEPTION PLACE!!

My fiance and I are currently trying to find a venue for our reception.  We are on a budget, and it seems to be cheaper to find a venue that allows open catering.  We strongly considering the Hall of Mirrors at the Civic center.  Does anyone have any have any other ideas that would be fairly inexpensive?  Anything would be of help!  I am the groom and really have no idea what I'm doing.

Re: NEED HELP WITH FINDING AN INEXPENSIVE RECEPTION PLACE!!

• Options
    lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! We are getting married at Festivities Event Center in El Reno. (It's the old post office!) It is VERY affordable and easy to work with. They only provide the tables and chairs so you are free to use any vendors you choose... like catering! HTH and GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is the size of your guest list, and what time of year are you planning on getting married?  The Overholser Mansion in OKC does weddings and is very affordable and allows open catering but has a limit on how many people can be accomodated. http://www.overholsermansion.org/Tours.html.
    imageimage
  • Options
    TinaChoateTinaChoate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Festivities Event Center!! I love them! They are friendly, very affordable, and the place is beautiful!! I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say The Palace event center is beautiful and reasonable. My girlfriend is getting married there.
  • Options
    StaciKellyStaciKelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are interested in looking in Norman, we are having our reception at the Hall at Old Town Plaza. It is a great space, and they seem to be pretty flexible. They are also much more affordable than the other places mentioned! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into local restaurants? They will usually let you rent the whole restaurant or just a section and then you can choose how you want to feed your guests. It will also save you a lot on decorating costs b/c they already did it for you.
  • Options
    rmconklirmconkli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Botanical gardens down town okc.  But when looking for an inexpensive spot, you really want to look in to getting married on a weekday.  By avoiding Thursday through Saturday you can save a lot of money. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards