September 2013 Weddings

Talk Big Thursday

What do you have to AW about today?!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Talk Big Thursday

• Had an amazing birthday weekend!  I'm VERY lucky to be marrying my best friend's (Missy) older brother.  Missy and I have been friends for 15 years, literally glued together. 

This past weekend we went and stayed at Fi's parents' Cape house.  The weather was a little rainy but we went to the beach anyways and it was awesome! We had the beach to ourselves and brought a "sippy bottle" full of fruit flavored liquor and a tennis ball.  Later that day Missy, FMIL and I went shopping along Route 6A (amazing scenic route with tons of boutiques, art galleries, etc.). Following that we dressed up and went to a fancy restaurant.      
       Sunday we headed down to my brother's place on the cape and went boating, tubing, knee boarding and had a cookout! 

So much fun!  But I think I had too much ice cream!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My goal to be healthier for the wedding has begun.  I've always been slender, but never toned or overall healthy really.  I've started eating oatmeal in the morning instead of DD sandwhiches and taking vitamins and iron pills since I'm anemic and have gotten back into drinking water 60oz of water a day. Have gone to the gym every day this week!

I'm determined to have killer arms and a killer back for my strapless dress and I WILL get there.  Just had to give myself over a year to do it lol.  Starting off on the right foot!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:b1c31b4e-49cc-4197-bda4-7c962e6fcc32Post:431cf69f-3dc2-4a7a-9146-199d5278f3e1">Re: Talk Big Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Had an amazing birthday weekend!  I'm VERY lucky to be marrying my best friend's (Missy) older brother.  Missy and I have been friends for 15 years, literally glued together.    This past weekend we went and stayed at Fi's parents' Cape house.  The weather was a little rainy but we went to the beach anyways and it was awesome! We had the beach to ourselves and brought a "sippy bottle" full of fruit flavored liquor and a tennis ball.  Later that day Missy, FMIL and I went shopping along Route 6A (amazing scenic route with tons of boutiques, art galleries, etc.). Following that we dressed up and went to a fancy restaurant.          Sunday we headed down to my brother's place on the cape and went boating, tubing, knee boarding and had a cookout!  So much fun!  But I think I had too much ice cream!
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

So jealous.  I've always wanted to go to the Cape

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012

I shall AW over the H2B. Every morning he packs my lunch, makes my coffee and takes care of the dog while I get up and going. The other day got to work and unpacked my lunch and had a sticky love note attached to my Oreos he packed me!  

• Lil - that is so flipping cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will also brag on my husband-to-be:

Yesterday he texted me pictures of french doors they were throwing out at his workplace and asked if we could use them for the wedding.  (I want to use doors as part of our wedding backdrop as we're getting married in a field).  It made me smile because he listens to me rattle off so many wedding ideas.  So, we now have four sets of solid wood french doors to use for the wedding for free.  I just need to paint them.  :-) 

I'm also very thankful that each night I come home from work after 8pm each night, he has dinner ready 90% of the time and when he isn't able to, he takes me out someplace.  Plus, he does dishes too!  :-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love that this has become a love-fest for the future hubbies!

I have to admit, my FI has been pretty flippin' fabulous lately, too. Not only has he been taking care of me since I've been sick all week, but he's also been totally understanding about some WR stuff I've been stressing over. He has definitely kept me grounded through all of this, and I love him even more for it!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards