Ohio-Cincinnati

Need Venue help!

I recently got engaged and have already started looking into venues for my wedding. My FI and I do not want to be married in a church, so we are looking for a place in the Cincinnati Ohio area to have both the ceremony and the reception in one place. Problem is the only place that I can do both and still be in my parents budget is a VFW hall. My mom wants me to use the same one her and my dad used for their reception, but I hate the whole look of the place. It is the exact opposite of what I picture my wedding to look like. 

My budget is reasonable considering 1 of my aunts is a photographer, my other aunt does catering, and my mom and grandma are making my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. I am creating all of the flowers and decorations using origami. In all, its rather inexpensive, and I don't want my parents paying over $8000 for a place (hell that would pay off my car!). 

If anyone has any ideas please share!

Re: Need Venue help!

• What is your budget for the venue? That may help with suggestions.  
  • The Madison in Covington has reception rooms and rooms where you can get married.  One of my friends got married there and had her reception there.  It was great because the guests didn't need to drive from one venue to the next. 
  • How many people are you thinking as well? The Manor House is less expensive on a Friday night. I know that a Saturday minimum was $10,000 so a Friday has to be less than that. You could also look into somewhere like Ault Park or anything like that.
  • I am getting married at Ault Park and they are $2500 for a Saturday. But you rent tables and chairs from them. I'm not sure what caterer your aunt works for/owns, but they only have 9 approved caterers. 

Also look into Lake Lyndsay. It is really pretty and really reasonably priced. You also get a lot for your money and a lot of flexibitly. 

Pattison Park Lodge is also really inexpensive....

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually really think Lake Lyndsay is over-priced - though very beautiful.

I don't remember how much it was - but I know it was def. out of my price point.

Embassy Suites was a 2,500 dollar minimum on a Saturday afternoon, 3,500 for a Friday night (but if you boohoo enough - they might lower it - they were willing to for me - but I think I seemed desperate), or 8,000 for a Saturday night.

We went with Saturday afternoon - and loved it.

They do everything - set-up, decorations, coordination with vendors, food - it was lovely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used the large hall at the Colerain Township Community Center. They have recently renovated it in the last year (new paint, wood floors, lighting, chivari chairs). The price includes the chairs and tables and is $1,100 for non-residents and $950 for residents. This place was great because we could bring in our own vendors (catering, bar service, etc.). I did have to hire someone to set up and tear down the reception.

http://www.coleraintwp.org/hallrental.cfm
  • Have you looked into Receptions in Fairfield or Toris Station in Fairfield? Not sure if that is too far away..I just had my wedding in the 17th at Toris in the gazebo with the reception to follow inside..The Friday night menu is cheaper at both places and they do everything, set up, take down, serve food, provide centerpieces, they do it all.  If I had not wanted a gazebo wedding sooo bad, we probably would have went with Receptions...Good luck!
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • Receptions Inc. had the most bang for you buck. We are having our Wedding Recpetion there in November and it is an all inclusive package that includes the:
    cake,
    open bar, 
    tables, linens, chair covers, chair sashes
    centerpieces, 
    Food
    Chocolate fountain
    Cocktail hour orderves

But it has to be the "Winter wonderland" package, from like Nov-feb (i think)
    It is $3600 for 100 people. 3 payments of $1200
    for that package

We are having our rehearsal dinner at Heritage House in Anderson township
    It is so affordable and a (smaller) wedding could be there too, just google that for info

Anderson Center is a good place too. Its affordable and so pretty. You'll need to get your own caterers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards