Texas-Houston

Photographer recommendations?

Hello! So we booked our reception and ceremony site and are now moving on to try and find a photographer. This has been one of the most difficult tasks so far for me! Every photographer's site that I go to and LOVE have price tags of around 4,000! I am trying to find a photographer that shoots the photojournalistic type pictures. My FI and I love the more modern pictures over the posed ones. The budget we are trying to stick to is between 2,000-3,000..3,000 really being the very top. Any sugguestions??? 
Thanks!!!!
Heidi 

Re: Photographer recommendations?

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really love their photography: http://www.kdloftisphotography.com/weddings.php.

Hope this helps. :)

Good luck!
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used Montage Photographers and his prices start at $2,500 for unlimited wedding day coverage, which I really liked.

You have actually have alot of great options with that budget with a good photograher. You will get a lot of great recs on this board!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Pink Posh and her basic package is $3200, which is SLIGHTLY above your budget, but that package comes with 2 photographers, all day photography, a bridal or engagement session, and an 8x10 print.

I agree your budget can get a really good photographer. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    You've got a wonderful budget to work with.

I used Julie Wilhite. My package was in your budget! And with your budget you'd be able to have engagement & bridal pics. Probablly even B-Pics if that's something you wanted.

She's got great work & great prices.
    Photobucket
  • FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Pink Posh as well and they were worth every penny.  However, I think Morgan Lynn falls in your price range.  She has some really great work you should check out.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Photography by Niki.  Our package was a little more expensive than you are looking for, but we have 11 hours of coverage and 3 photographers, and that included bridals and engagements as well as some prints.  She has packages at all price points and we really enjoyed working with her.
    GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I used KD for my e-pics (obviously as you can see in my siggy).

I'm using Glenna Harding for my day of photography, she's a total sweetheart. we've known each other since high school though.

also in your budget: Nicole Chatham, Kasey Marsh with Monkey Tree (a friend), Carolyn Jones, Thomas G Campbell (another friend of mine).

Glenna Harding Photography
  • edited December 2011
    chris winienger is great!
  • HeidiYoungHeidiYoung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Thanks for all of the names everyone! This is a great starting place for us!
  • edited December 2011
    miabella photography 2500.00 with rights to photos...great to work!!!!

http://www.miabellaphotography.com/
  • hollycasehollycase member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Christopher Luby. He was a customer of mine back when I worked at Starbucks and has a great personality, easy to talk to/work with, and I always used to see him working on his photos when I was at work. He doesn't show off his wedding photography as much on his website (he does a lot of nature settings), but the wedding photos I've seen on his computer are wonderful!
  • HeidiYoungHeidiYoung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    miabella photography 2500.00 with rights to photos...great to work!!!!

www.miabellaphotography.com/">http://www.miabellaphotography.com/

Thank you so much for letting me know about miabella. I love their work and the price is great!

• edited December 2011
    I used Word Photography and their prices are well within your budget.  They are located outside the city limites, in Crosby, but it was well worth going that far out.  Her work is as good as the higher priced Houston photographers.  She does a mix of posed and candid which I liked.  http://wordphotography.com
    She did our engagement, wedding and my bridal.  All for under $3500.00

• edited December 2011
    Sharon Chin
    www.sharonnicolephotography.com

She's awesome!  Her style is very young, modern, and colorful.  Her pricing also very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    please forgive it if is in poor taste to self promote, but my photography package is within your budget and I'm still booking for 2010, so I thought I'd "throw my hat in the ring".

:)

kittysanchez.com

• Heath0121Heath0121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janie's Photography is great and they have two awesome packages that are just in your price range, but they did a custom wedding package for me.

www.janiesphoto.com
  • Belle101781Belle101781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Erica Moncada Photography. I can email you some of my wedding pics and engagement pics if you like. I think they may be the photo journalistic kind that you like.

email me at knottie name at yahoo dot com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards