Canada

Kilts

Hi Knotties!  My fiances has his heart set on wearing a kilt in his family tartan anrenting kilts for his groomsmen.  The guys are all ok with this idea but we can't seem to find anywhere that makes/rents them.  Anyone got a lead on this?  We're planning on getting married in Oshawa ON, Aug 2011
  (so still tons of time but we wanted to get the kilt thing nailed down ASAP incase we have to change plans)

Re: Kilts

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What clan kilt are you looking for? 

In Halifax(I know we're far away) we have a few places that make/sell/rent kilts.  I know the Scottish Weaver (http://www.thescottishweaver.com/) does kilts and they may ship them.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been away from the boards for a while, sorry I didn't see this sooner. My fiance had his kilt made by MacIsaac Kiltmakers in St. Peter's, N.S. They will ship anywhere. I've seen their album and they've done weddings as far as Monaco! They have all the family tartans. We can't say enough about their work and service. Worth a look at the website.
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!

I just saw this message so I hope it's not too late!

A friend of mine got her FI's kilts at The Wee Tartan Shop, in Port Perry (which I think is about 1/2 hour drive from the 'shwa....correct me if I'm wrong). 

(905)985-6573

117 Queen Street, Port Perry

• edited December 2011
    Thank you soo much!  We did end up driving up to the wee tartan shop in port perry and they had the Macfarlane!  Trying to get all the guys up there now to make sure that they are all ok with kilts and waiting on future hubby to decided if he wants Macfarlane hunting or the red clan macfarlane!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I am so glad that it worked out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards