Texas-San Antonio
Options

Alcohol

Who are you all using to provide alcohol at your reception? or Are you all just buying your own?

Re: Alcohol

• Options
    nicoleami3nicoleami3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our Caterer provides a hosted bar that charges per person each hour with unlimited drinks. I would ask your caterer for their suggestions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is doing the catering and the bar. We're doing a hosted consumption bar, where we put a set amount towards the bar tab before the event, and it works essentially like an open bar with a really big bar tab paid by the Bride & Groom. We didn't want to do a straight open bar, as we can't really judge how many of our family members are drinkers or not, and we didn't want to pay per head if someone isn't going to drink anyway. So, we decided to do a hosted consumption, where we just pay for the amount of drinks bought. The price of the drinks are given to us ahead of time, we choose what kind of cocktails, beer, wine we want offered, and then we just pay the set amount put towards the bar tab. So, if you think there aren't too many drinkers in your family, you can put like $250 towards the tab. If you think half the amount of adults will drink, you can put more. And after the wedding, if the tab goes over, you pay the amount over.

See if your caterer offers something like this, I really thought it was a good idea.
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are bringing it in ourselves. Costco has the best prices on liquor and you don't have to have a membership to shop in the liquor store. We are just serving beer and wine. If you buy 6 bottles from HEB, you get 10% off AND you can return any unopened bottles. My friend did that. We are getting two kegs as well. I haven't found those yet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards