Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

song line up

well i am on a very short budget since my fiance and I are paying for everything and well we are planing to have a friend dj by playing cds we make. This sounds realy homemade but I am realy ok if thinks arent perfect and I wanted to pick out every song any way.
My problem is I dont know what the line up is. like how many songs do I need Before our first dance and what other specific dances will we need etc.
I hope someone understands what I mean.ugh
thanks for helping

Re: song line up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a dj at our wedding and he also acted as our coordinator of all the songs and other announcements that needed to be made.

Basically, after dinner we had the toast, speeches from the BM and MOH, then we did our first dance song, father/daughter and mother/son dances, garter toss and bouquet toss. Our dj suggested we get all of the events knocked out at once. Then we did our cake cutting. That way the guests could chill and digest their food while we were doing the special dances and then we had cake.

After that, my husband put together a list for him of songs he must play during our reception. Then we gave him genres and different albums and artists we wanted to hear. He also threw some filler songs in there.

I hope this gives you an idea of where to start. You may also want to try searching the internet for the order of reception events bc everyone does things differently. GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards