June 2012 Weddings
Options

What has touched you most about the whole wedding process?

My future mother in law today offered me her mother's hankie to carry. Of course she did it while I was at work so I had to go into the bathroom to cry. LOL She has no daughters and FI is an only child. She did not offer it to his first wife. It just made me feel so special and accepted by his family.

So what has touched you most?
Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
45 image Are ready to party

Re: What has touched you most about the whole wedding process?

• Options
    I've met some really great people!  Our venue coordinator is amazing, our photographer is fantastic, our DJ so perfect!  I've put a lot of faith in these people who I now consider friends.

No incredibly super sentimental moments yet, but some really great moments and experiences.
  • Options
    My grandmother gave me a bread maker and my grandfather's favorite bread recipe books at the shower (he passed away in October). It was so sweet and meaningful, especially because I remember growing up always being fascinated by their breadmaker.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    well, i haven't seen my sister and her kids in almost 5 years!! she lives in texas and i live in canada....my mother paid for her and her 3 kids to come to the wedding...all tickets paid for....it cost my mother almost $4000..

.my sister is a single mother so there is no way she could of come to my wedding.....so my parents paid for this wedding to happen..if it wasn;t for my parents there would be no wedding....so im so greatful for my parents..im truly blessed
    Mashavoo
  • Options
    My dad uploaded all of the father daughter dance pictures to an album on his Facebook. He captioned it "my first father daughter dance. It doesn't get much better than this." I had gotten off our first flight on Sunday and my brother texted me telling me to see what my dad put on Facebook. It made me tear up
  • Options
    My FI's mother passed away when he was 10. Today he gave me a necklace of hers and asked me if I'd wear it in the wedding.  
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My great aunt gave me my grandmother's tea set at my shower. I love tea, and I miss my Nanna terribly (she died when I was in 10th grade). I was so happy to have her be part of my day even if she isn't actually there. She would have loved my FI..
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    You all have great stories!

I drove home for a weekend filled with wedding vendor meetings.  My dad and I were sitting alone together one night in the family room, just watching tv and relaxing.  Out of nowhere, he told me that FI is a great guy for me.  Awww thanks dad!!!  It totally made me tear up.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    H's older brother made it to the wedding as a GM. H hadn't seen him for a few years bc he was over seas and for a while he was MIA and thought to be a POW.  The brother gave the most heartfelt touching speech ever. I believe it was video taped...I hope because it was beautiful 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    For my 21st birthday back in January, my parents gave me my first set of real pearls. My mother has not been a fan of us getting married so young, but it meant alot to me because she told my dad that it would look pretty for my to wear with my dress, I took it as she was accepting our wedding/ marriage and it meant a lot to me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Honestly, it's been our children's excitement to share in our wedding day. Sure, it's not traditional but I think it's great that they'll be able to witness a day filled with love. There's not many better things in life at the age of 5 and 3 than to have your parents expressing love for each other :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having a DIY wedding and was having a run-through the other day with family to talk about all the details and make sure everyone knows what they need to do on the day of. It was a very "get-down-to-business" type convo and out of nowhere my FMIL starting crying and gave me a huge hug telling me that she can't wait to see me walk down the aisle towards her son and that she couldn't imagine a better woman for him to marry :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rasp.berry- I totally agree. My four year old asks everyday if tomorrow is the wedding day.

For me, it was the proposal. My FI proposed on Easter in front of my whole family (close to 50). My grandmother cried- she said she had been praying and praying for this day and she cherishes the fact that she was a part of it.
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    Months ago (probably about 6+) my grandma agreed to let me wear a necklace of her's. 

She got it from my grandpa the christmas after their youngest child died.  They didn't have much money at the time and decided to not exchange gifts so they could get stuff for all the kids (they still had 4 others) and pay the bills.  My grandpa worked extra hours at work to make some extra money and get something special for my grandma.  He was able to save enough to get her a diamond pendant necklace; she cried when she saw it. 

The necklace is beautiful and meant so much to her.  Way before she died, I asked her if I could wear it the day of; she was honored.  I'll be wearing it that day and am so excited to have a piece of her with me.
  • Options
    These stores are making cry! Wow!
    Honestly there have been so many during this time from the engagement night till now. But one of the recent ones happened at my shower, there is a family in our synagogue that have known me since I was a teenager and the husband and wife were older and were like grandparents to us, taking us out to eat and kids and just spending time with us. The wife passed away about 4 years ago suddenly and it was very hard for all of us. At the shower their daughter gave me a recipe book with her mother's family recipe that only goes to the children of the family. I started crying knowing that she loved me so much that she would want me to have something apart of their family. 
  • Options
    My FSIL gave me a surprise shower with literally like 20 members of their family.  Some of whom I had never met- the rest I've met maybe once or twice.  FSIL went all out with the food, did the decorations in my wedding colors and even ordered some cute accessories from Etsy because I had told her I ordered a lot of things for the wedding on there.  It was just very thoughtful and nice of them.  I'm an only child so I'm very excited to have a "sister" and "brother" now that I'm married.  I felt very welcomed into the family.
  • Options
    How sweet and generous all of our friends and family are.  I never imagined they would be so happy for us.  Espically parts of our wedding party, several of them made very heartfelt gifts specially for us.  It's very touching.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards