Wedding Invitations & Paper

Printing both outer & inner envelopes?

Instead of handwriting each envelope, I was thinking about printing them out on a laser printer using a very nice font/calligraphy.  I know traditionally they should be handwritten, but they will look a million times better if I do it that way.    Over the holidays I ran this idea past both moms and both thought it was fine, but one suggested that I print the outer envelope and handwrite the inner.  I would think that it would look better if both envelopes were consistent in the same font (all or nothing.)

What do you think?  Is this a huge faux pas?

TIA!

Re: Printing both outer & inner envelopes?

• Hi,

I know it is traditional to print on both, but I think you are right.  If your handwriting could use a little help (I know most peoples could ;-)) I think it will be fine to print both envelopes but writing the inner is a nice touch.  Make sure that you test the font on the envelopes, some of the metallics will react badly to ink and some size envelopes will not work in laser printers.  Best of luck!
  • I think it will look a lot nicer if the two match - run both of them through your printer using a nice font; I think it would look goofy to print one and write the other.
  • I think either way is fine.  Keep in mind, you could also print what you want on the envelope (inner or outter) on regular paper and use a nice calligraphy pen (available on Amazon pretty cheaply) to trace on the envelope - best of all worlds.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards