June 2012 Weddings
Options

at every place setting

Is this ok we are having salt and pepper shakers as our cake topper and we are doing a wish bouquet and grader toss. would it be tacky if we put a note at everyone place setting saying why we did these things?
Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: at every place setting

• Options
    I think its a cute idea! But I might just place one explanation on ever table instead of each place setting.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Holy run on sentence batman!

I'd just do one per table if you feel it's necessary. I think everyone is familiar with garter and bouquet tosses though. Unless you have some unique reason for doing them instead of the normal (quite frightening) history behind them.
  • Options
    I feel the bouquet/garter tosses are almost expected at weddings, so I don't understand why you would feel the need to explain it? I'm confused.
  • Options
    Will you share why you're explaining them? Maybe there's something unique about what you're doing...
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    I would just put one on each table
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with jaschelle, I'd have the DJ announce the wish bouquet thing, its a waste of paper to put something at every space explaining it.

I also agree with PPs about putting something on the cake table explaining your topper, doing it at every place setting just seems like you think your guests are going to judge you if you don't explain yourself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_at-every-place-setting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c5b56693-babc-4ef5-b318-7777b5bf862aPost:f3fe512c-6245-42b5-b4bf-c35b920d98a3">at every place setting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is this ok we are having salt and pepper shakers as our cake topper and we are doing a wish bouquet and <strong>grader toss</strong>. would it be tacky if we put a note at everyone place setting saying why we did these things?
    Posted by JGreenfan2000[/QUOTE]
    That sounds painful.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_at-every-place-setting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c5b56693-babc-4ef5-b318-7777b5bf862aPost:048d336f-14a3-4ae1-b4c2-892c87767cd9">Re: at every place setting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to at every place setting : That sounds painful.
    Posted by spiffycoolbeans[/QUOTE]

CQTM
  • Options
    I'm so confused.

What's going to be at every place setting and why does it matter if your cake topper is a salt and pepper shaker?
  • Options
    We are wanting people to understand why we are doing salt and pepper shakers and about the wish bouquet because I have never seen it done where I live. As for the salt and pepper shakers they go with our first date movie (fireproof) and we want everyone to understand a part in the movie. So we were thinking about putting a note at everyone's seat explaining the meaning behind it. Here is what I have so far...

The meaning behind the glued together salt and pepper shakers as our cake topper

Salt and pepper are completely different. Their makeup is different; their taste and their color. But you always see them together. When two people get married; it’s for better or for worse, for richer or for poor, in sickens and in health. If you try to pull them apart now, you will break either one or both of them.

Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love that movie. I don't know if it's the font or what, but it looks like "sickness" is spelled incorrectly. I'd still just put that either one per table or on the cake table. One per seat would be a little bit of overkill.

See how fixing spelling and grammar is useful?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_at-every-place-setting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c5b56693-babc-4ef5-b318-7777b5bf862aPost:fe756e3d-c8da-4815-bb74-b1ee009a0dee">Re: at every place setting</a>:
    [QUOTE]I understand that you want your guests to know and understand the details you are choosing to incorporate into your special day- as you have put great thought and energy into them. However, maybe a little picture frame on the cake table with a note telling them about your cake toppers being salt and pepper shakers would suffice. With regards to the Wish Bouquet toss- I understand that is a bit different than the typical bouquet toss- however since it is most typically your DJ, MC, or Coordinator that announces this event to your guests, I would simply have him or her share the information at that time. Ex: "Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now that special time when the bride tosses her beautiful bouquet- but the lovely couple wanted this to be a special moment for all the lovely ladies out there- Please will each and every one of you join us on the dance floor and make a wish- single or taken, the bride is about to throw her WISH BOUQUET, who ever catches it, will have their wish come true!!!" Honestly, a lot of people may not take the time to read the cards at their table. I think this way- Everyone is sure to be well informed. Same goes for the garter toss. I'm planning to toss a wish bouquet as well :)
    Posted by jaschelle[/QUOTE]

It's ironic that you are telling the OP to be brief because no one will read her long winded note.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards