New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Reviews and Pro Pics

Hi girls,

Here’s my reviews from my 6/5 wedding.  Thanks to all the local knotties.  You were such a huge help during my planning.

Reception: The Links at Union Vale:A++

The Links and its staff were amazing to work with.  Teri was always helpful and responded promptly to my questions.  I was so happy with our banquet room – it looked perfect.  It was everything I could have wanted and more.  The food and presentation were phenomenal and I kept hearing from everyone how much they enjoyed it there and how beautiful the grounds were.  Our head waitress constantly checked and made sure we had everything we needed. I would recommend The Links without any hesitation.  They are very affordable and it was the perfect amount of room for a wedding under 175 guests.

Ceremony: Our Lady of the Rosary: A++

We attend church here so there was no question where our ceremony would be.  Father Garisto personalized our ceremony and really made it special for us.  It’s also such a beautiful chapel.

Photographer: Paul Stokes of Hudson Valley Photo: A++

Paul is a friend of our family and he’s been in the wedding business for over 25 years…and it shows! We picked up our proofs a few days ago and they are great! We have so many photos we love that we don’t know how we’re going to possibly select only some for the albums.  Paul is professional, personable and very helpful. 

Photographer's Assistant: Kristine Beisner Palmer: A++

Kris assisted Paul and also did a great job.  She got some beautiful detail shots and it was her idea to get in the long grass and take some photos from there, which are some of my favorites of the day.  She’s another photographer that I would definitely recommend.

Videographer: Anthony Quintano of Quintano Media: A (so far)

We weren’t going to opt for a video because it was too pricey, but BellaSposa gave me Anthony’s contact information and he was within our budget.  I haven’t seen the edited video yet, so I can’t write a full review just yet.  Anthony was very easy to work with and always responded within a few days of any questions I had.

Cake: Pastry Garden: A++

The cake was terrific! White cake with Bailey’s cream filling, chocolate ganache and buttercream icing.  What can’t be good about that?   

Transportation: ANN Transportation: A+

We only had a van at the end of the night to shuttle our friends back from the reception.  ANN was on time, affordable and nice enough to bring our drunk friends to the bars rather than their hotel.  Ha!

Hair: Rene Lee from Color & Shape: A+

Rene Lee is my usual hairdresser and she did a great job with my hair. 

Makeup: Arlene from MAC counter of Poughkeepsie Galleria: A++++++++++

I like doing my own makeup so I had met with 3 separate makeup artists and decided that I liked the way I did my own better than they did, but then I happened upon Arlene and she is truly an artist! We were all so pleased with how our makeup came out.

Dress: Town Shop: B-

The only reason I am giving them a B- is because I had some awful customer service issues.  I loved my gown and the alterations, but when I went in for one of my fittings my gown wasn’t ready and hadn’t been worked on since my last fitting.  I was told to come back 2 hours later and it would be ready.  I was a bit upset because I felt that they were doing a rushed job.  I came back a couple days later and it was fine, but the guy who works there just kept giving me excuses rather than just saying “I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”  He was also rude to my mother, bridesmaids and I on several other occasions.  I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews on TS, but I have to say they have a great selection of dresses and in the end I was really happy with my gown, the alterations and bustle. 

Phew! Ok here's my pro pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/116701647423893569678/WeddingPictures?authkey=Gv1sRgCJbD9eyzj4iVCg&feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/116701647423893569678/WeddingPictures2?authkey=Gv1sRgCILlkKyJmJSJJg&feat=directlink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reviews and Pro Pics

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for taking the time to post reviews!
    WriterLisaDale * My Blog Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_reviews-pro-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:3adc327f-ff0b-4df2-9bfc-0784bfb1bd49Post:e21fc762-8edf-4bd7-a8ba-8e0fbf1dede9">Reviews and Pro Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]    Makeup: Arlene from MAC counter of Poughkeepsie Galleria: A++++++++++ I like doing my own makeup so I had met with 3 separate makeup artists and decided that I liked the way I did my own better than they did, but then I happened upon Arlene and she is truly an artist! We were all so pleased with how our makeup came out.Posted by sb52584[/QUOTE]

Such a small world!  I know you know we had the same reception venue but I too had Arlene do my makeup.  she was recommended to me from my hair stylist (they are friends) and she was AMAZING!  She even came to my house at no extra charge to do me, one BM and my mom.  We had her cracking up during our trial but I agree with you, she is an artist and is SO EASYGOING.  makes u feel very special
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ps- you looked GORGEOUS and your pics were great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a great day! The pictures are beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards