Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Monday

Good morning, did everyone have a nice weekend?

I ran a 5K on Friday, and lifted at the gym on Saturday.  Yesterday I took off since FI graduated law school!  The ceremony was a little long, but overall not too bad.  I also kind of ate like crap this weekend. 

Tonight I'm lifting and working it out on the elliptical.  

This week's goal is to tame my eating once again, and not let stress affect my diet too much. 
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Monday

• Options
    Congrats on the 5k and again on the graduation, Jude!

This weekend was my b-party which turned out to be an incredibly fun weekend.  We, of course, ate like complete crap, so it's back on track with working out and eating.  I took today off so I'm going to prep food for the rest of the week and get in a nice long weight workout.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Mornin'!

I had a fantastic workout weekend! Friday I got 45 minutes on my bike, Saturday I lifted weights for 30 minutes then got 35 on the elliptical, and yesterday I got 60 minutes on my bike.

I'm sort of upset though, I lost my fitbit on Saturday while I was running around with a friend doing errands. I realized it was gone from my pocket within a half-hour period and retraced EVERY step and couldn't find it. I sent an e-mail to the FitBit people explaining how unhappy I was with their stupid clip for the FitBit because obviously it's a piece of junk. I like how the FitBit works though so I'm going to get another one and just NEVER use that crappy clip. I had it for FIVE days and lost it. How horribly frustrating.
  • Options
    Entropic--I love my fitbit too...I've never used the clip though, so thanks for the warning.  I like to wear mine (without the clip) on the center of my bra.  Works great there, and no one can see it. 

I did ok this weekend....went over my calories a little bit on Friday and significantly on Saturday, but made up for it by being way under yesterday.  Yesterday I got in almost 10 miles of walking, which I'm pretty pleased with.   Tonight is dinner w/ a friend, so no gym, but I'm hoping to get in a walk at lunch if the rain holds out. 
  • Options
    Hey all, I haven't posted in awhile.  Everyone seems to be doing a great job!

I've been dealing with my stomach issues and starting the ball rolling with seeing a doc and what not.  I've also been working out/running more and eating pretty well.  I've just decided that with my stomach, posting daily isn't an option for me anymore... plus I'm WAY to hard on myself so when I miss something/a day because of it I get pretty upset about it.  I've noticed since I've backed off on accountability I've actually been doing a lot better.  Weird huh? :)  

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-monday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:55bb1909-d1ef-4dd8-b36d-a8487c5dd3b1Post:a54c71da-b27f-4910-aaff-141cd446029e">Re: Workout Accountability: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Entropic--I love my fitbit too...I've never used the clip though, so thanks for the warning.  I like to wear mine (without the clip) on the center of my bra.  Works great there, and no one can see it.  I did ok this weekend....went over my calories a little bit on Friday and significantly on Saturday, but made up for it by being way under yesterday.  Yesterday I got in almost 10 miles of walking, which I'm pretty pleased with.   Tonight is dinner w/ a friend, so no gym, but I'm hoping to get in a walk at lunch if the rain holds out. 
    Posted by Katred08[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, I had been wearing it on my bra for work and that worked great, but on Saturday I was wearing a lower cut shirt that WOULD show the fitbit, so I clipped it to the INTERIOR of my pocket. You would think that would make it freakin' secure enough, but that clip is seriously garbage.</div><div>
    </div><div>I can tell I'm going to be angry about this till my new one arrives.

</div>
  • Options
    Entropic - sorry about the fitbit mishap :(

Well weekend fail for me on all accounts. We had 3 different parties to go to this weekend. One on friday right after work (surprise 50th for my aunt), and 2 on Saturday (surprise 30th for my MOH's BF and Lilac Festival party - local festival here). So I had zero time to work out on Friday or Saturday! And I ate like complete crap. I tried to limit how much I was eating but it wasn't exactly healthy. Sunday I had to get up early and run errands and go shopping w/ my cousin so I didn't work on then either. But we did walk our dog Sunday night. On the plus side I did do a ton of walking this weekend so I hope that helped.

This morning I went with FI to his gym and lifted for about 40 minutes. He showed me some new exercises and watched my form and stuff to make sure I'm doing things correctly. I always get worried I'm doing stuff wrong so I asked for his help.

I have a bachelorette party for my SIL next weekend and my brother's wedding the weekend after that. So I feel like the next 2 weekends for working out and eating right are going to be really hard. I am anxious about it!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I was worried about this weekend but for the first time in what feels like months, I made it from Friday-Sunday without going over my calorie target. I also got in some lifting on Saturday and a nice long hike on both Saturday and Sunday. Tonight it's back to the elliptical after work.

Great job, everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Had a relatively good weekend.  Went for a 3 mile hike on Saturday and then a 2.5 mile walk with FI to lunch.    My hips were quite sore yesterday but that didn't stop me from walking to breakfast (2 miles round trip).  

Today is my weekly appointment with my trainer - the weights went up I will be sore tomorrow but in a good way.  

I also weighed in today.    Lost 2 pounds this is the pesky 2 pounds that I gained back during the stressful move last month.   As of now I am down 10 pounds since January, 2 inches from my hips and 1 inch from my waist.   

My goal is to lose 4 more pounds by mid June when I hope to go in for my first dress fitting. 

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hi All!

Weekend was great, we took our engagement pics on Saturday, had a great Italian dinner in the North End, and spent yesterday at a BBQ at the future in laws'. I actually ate pretty well considering the options of food around me!

Worked out on the elliptical this morning for 40 minutes, did the 30 shred. THEN, on my way to work, got pulled over by a state trooper for speeding! However, he was nice enough to let me go with a warning but did tell me I need to get Mass. state tags and license ASAP.....i'm still going to wait until i get married in Sept, but of course I didn't tell him that haha! My Florida tags will do just fine for now :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards