Michigan-Detroit
Options

Intro + Question re. Ann Arbor Invites

Hi ladies! I have not been reading the Detroit boards much since I will be having a DW in Mackinaw City, but I am wondering if anyone can recommend a place to get invitations in the A2, Saline, Canton area. I am specifically interested in all in one/seal and send invitations and will only need 40 or so. I would like to spend not more than $100 or so. In addition to a beach destination wedding, my other themes "budget friendly" and "KISS" (keep it simple, stupid!). ;-)

Wedding is 9/24/2012, so no real rush.

Thanks,
Jill
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intro + Question re. Ann Arbor Invites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!  A destination wedding in Mackinaw sounds like so much fun!

I'm in the A2 area, but I don't really have any recs for where to get invitations.  My only thoughts would be to look online (I got mine invites online), look at Papyrus in the Briarwood Mall, or see if there is a DIY kit at Michael's or Joann that look like what you're going for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! We're date twins (just different years!) There arent many custom invitation places in the area and most are expensive (my lowest quote was $1500 for 150 custom invitations). Since you're looking for seal and send and at a lower quantity I would try online or see if one of your vendors also offers invitations (I'm going thru my florist. They offer invitations thru Carlson craft). Michaels, Target, or Joann fabrics may be a good option since you need less than 50. They both carry the Brides line invitations.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also try Etsy.com for invites.  Many sellers will design an invitation suite for you and then you can take it somewhere to be printed (or print it yourself.)
  • Options
    bee&beebee&bee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where to get invites but wanted to comment that I too got engaged in Washington DC...it wasn't infront of the Capitol Building but we could see it from our window!  We were there for the weekend visiting my uncle. Small world!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards