Rhode Island
Options

Newport Rehearsal Dinner Ideas & ABC Reviews

Hi,
I am having a June wedding in Newport next year and am trying to find a resonable priced rehearsal dinner.  The Atlantic Beach Club has great prices, but I have seen mixed reviews on their food so I am kinda scared to book my rehearsal dinner there.  Any reviews of ABC would be appreciated.  I am also open to other ideas.  I am having about 45 people for rehearsal dinner and want to keep it under or around $5,000.  Most of the places I have called have a food and beverage minimum for $5,000.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
Thanks!

Re: Newport Rehearsal Dinner Ideas & ABC Reviews

• Options
    this is the first i'm hearing about mixed reviews on ABC - i'm having reception there 9/14...our RD is in narragansett, but other good places in newport- are:
    sardella's - was our 2nd choice!
    busker's- upstairs room
    mooring/22 bowens
    la forge

trying to think of others- guess it depends on the vibe you want - these are ideas above are stolen from other knotties :)
    GL!
  • Options
    I agree that the food and service is hit or miss at ABC.  We are using Sardellas.  They have amazing food and have gluten free pasta.  We are picking three entrees and then each person will get a serving of each.  They are letting the kids order off the kids menu at that price and are letting me bring in a grooms cake.  They have a number of different room options from an outside space to a bigger room upstairs. 

Other places we looked:

Brick Alley Pub--they have a back room and an upstairs space--right downtown which can be an issue with parking, but food is yummy
    White Horse Tavern--food great, but pricey
    La Forge (my brother's was there)
    KJ's

A private room was really important to us and since we are only going to be about 25, the Brick which was our first choice couldn't accommodate a private room.

GL
  • Options
    I agree with URI - I live in Newport and have never heard of nor had a bad experience at ABC!!! We had our RD there last October and they did a great job really inexpensively. If you're iffy, just go there for dinner one night. That'll give you an idea! As far as bang for the buck, they're the best for RD. Our guest list was also around 45, too.
    Sardella's is allso very, very yummy. Parking is a bit of a hassle, but not terrible.
    Also check out The Majestic - it's a huge power boat that leaves from downtown and serves full dinner. You can rent the whole thing for around $45/person including food, and they have a full bar. Plus you get a boat ride out of the deal!
    Also look into H2O or 49 North. Not sure of their pricing, but I know other brides have looked there.
    Good luck!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards