New York-Hudson Valley
Options

POK Hampton Inn vs. Hotel Sierra Fishkill, Reviews? Recommendations?

My FI and I aren't from the Poughkeepsie area and are getting married at Rolling Greens in August. Since the majority of our guests are OTT, we want to make sure we have a room block at an affordable, nice hotel with a contintenal breakfast. Has anyone worked with or stayed at the Poughkeepsie Hampton Inn on Rt9 or the Hotel Sierra Fishkill on Rt 9? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: POK Hampton Inn vs. Hotel Sierra Fishkill, Reviews? Recommendations?

• Options
    Never been to the Hampton Inn, but the Hotel Sierra is very nice and worth the price! The traffic down there can be bad though, so just keep that in mind from where you're getting married. The traffic near the Hampton Inn isn't as bad, but still can get congested.

Sierra has a goregous pool and a bunch of little shops and restaurants around it. Also, there is a walmart right across incase they forget anything. Best part- the beds are so comfortable!!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We did the Hotel Sierra and the Courtyard in Fishkill...only because we wanted everyone on one side of the road.  We had a bunch of people stay two nights at the Sierra and loved it...said it was nice, clean and friendly staff.  They all loved that Walmart was there in walking distance for some last minute items (one guest even bought clothes for the day after the wedding there as he was originally not staying over LOL)...there is also a Ruby Tuesday there and a movie theater. 

We stayed there and got our room for free.  They had a nice set up and we all met in the lobby for breakfast...but i got married 2.5 years ago so i don't remember the breakfast but i am sure it was fine :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I haven't stayed at either, but I can tell you that the Hampton looks really nice.  It is a little bit of a pain to get into though because its not on a cross street and if you are coming from the south you have to do a U-turn to get into it.  I have been to meetings at Hotel Sierra and it is georgous inside.  This hotel is easier to get into also.  You may want to note that the name recently changed from Hotel Sierra to something else but I am not sure of the name.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    The Hotel Sierra isn't the Hotel Sierra anymore. It changed names. A chain bought it, I don't remember which one, but can try and look when I drive by on my way home later. 

And there really isn't traffic there. There may be a little traffic coming out of Walmart, especially on a Saturday afternoon, but it's nothing that you'd spend 20 minutes in or anything.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_pok-hampton-inn-vs-hotel-sierra-fishkill-reviews-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:d0be22f2-587a-40d5-a3e2-c579afdf6365Post:95da592f-6aea-4b88-8675-8bc23c635077">Re: POK Hampton Inn vs. Hotel Sierra Fishkill, Reviews? Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Hotel Sierra isn't the Hotel Sierra anymore. It changed names. A chain bought it, I don't remember which one, but can try and look when I drive by on my way home later.  And there really isn't traffic there. There may be a little traffic coming out of Walmart, especially on a Saturday afternoon, but it's nothing that you'd spend 20 minutes in or anything.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

The Hotel Sierra is now part of the Hyatt Chain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    i believe it is now the Hyatt House?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for your help everyone! I'm going to head down to Poughkeepsie this weekend to check both of them out. After a long day, I'm going to want a comfortable bed at an accommodating place. Thank you for the heads up on hotel Sierra changing ownership. I'll get more info about this weekend and let you guys know the new name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hotel Sierra is now the Hyatt House and that is who we used for our out of town guests...everyone raved about how nice it was and I have to agree seeing as we spent our wedding night there with everyone.  Would use them again in a heartbeat!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards