Arizona-Phoenix
Options

buying dresses online

Hi Ladies-
So while looking online at wedding designers websites to get some style numbers that I'd like to try on at the bridal stores in town...I came across so many other websites....not the designers or actual stores but online sites or whatver you want to call them....the dress is like 300-400 dollars cheaper! 
Has anyone bought there dress online?  And are these dresses authentic or knock offs.  I've also seen Maggie Sotero dresses too...What are these other websites tha sell these dresses if they are not actual boutiques? It's not like its ebay or anything?! Just curious and wondered if anyone has seen this or know of anyone who has bought there dress this way...big savings but not sure its worth the worry!

Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: buying dresses online

• Options
    Fondue IIFondue II member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my bridesmaids's dresses online and asked a local shop to match the price, and they did.  You might want to try that if you're concerned about ordering online.
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress online from ebay.  It was a gamble, but I came out ahead.  I think you should definitely ask for price matching first.  If they won't, go to Barnes and Noble and skim through the Bridal Bargains book by Alan and Denise Fields.  They review many online retailers, and that might let you know if it's a good idea to order through them.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies-
    Nilla...good advice!  I think I'm goinf to try the match the price game and see what they can do for me! Thanks again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ChristinaT13ChristinaT13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress online from lightinthebox.com.   They seem to do knock offs, but I paid $200 for my dress after shipping, and it was totally worth it.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards