Ohio-Northeast

Addressing STDs- how formal??

Hi ladies! I am trying to get my Save the Dates mailed out and am already coming up with a million questions on how to address invites! Mine are postcards so there is no envelope to address. Can I make them informal like "Bob & Sue Jones" or should it be "Mr. & Mrs Robert Jones", or  somewhere in between" Mr & Mrs. Bob and Sue Jones"... maybe I worry to much about the details! Also, I am pretty sure you don't do this but do you address any of your relatives on invites as "aunt" , "grandma" ect??

Thanks!

Re: Addressing STDs- how formal??

• edited December 2011
    We did some informal and some formal.  And address your Aunt Sue and Uncle Steve as Mr. & Mrs. Smith or Sue and Steve Smith.  

I used labels-  and the labels I had for his side of the guest list were less formal Sue & Steve Smith,  and the labels I had for my side were more of the Mr. & Mrs. variety.  I didn't change anything for the save the dates!

Just make sure that the people you are sending them to are really going to be invited to the wedding.  And I would make sure (unless you already know) to not include "and family" if you don't intend to invite their entire family!   The labels I had for my family all said "and family" and I almost sent them out like that.  That would have easily double or tripled my guest list!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards