Destination Weddings Discussions

Would/Wouldn't Do

Would

A destination wedding!!!  It was by far, the best decision we have made!  Everyone is commenting on how it is the best wedding they've ever been to, and the best holiday!  It was so much fun having a whole week with everyone, just one day would have been over way too fast!

Have a travel agent.  It was great to have her deal with bookings, and have someone for our guests to call to ask questions.  When we had to change resorts a month out, she was an angel, and I don't think our wedding would have been as awesome if she hadn't been on our side and pushing Sunquest for certain things.

Do a welcome dinner instead of a rehersal dinner.  It was a great way for everyone to meet and mingle and get to know eachother before the wedding.

Do welcome bags.  Our guests really appreciated the effort we went to.  We had wedding week survival kits, and they came in handy all week.  We included mugs, and they were a huge hit, they were used all week.

Bring our own photographer.  He is a friend, but also an amazing photographer.  All week he'd set up imprompto photoshoots, on the beach at night, us dancing at the lobby bar, etc.  He took thousands of photos all week, with our friends by the pool and beach, etc.  We did a TTD session, and it was so much fun!!!  I have heard from a few people that have seen the photos that they are amazing...I can't wait to see them!

Hire a DJ for the poolside party.  If anyone is getting married in the Mayan Riviera, I'd strongly suggest DJ Bijan.  He was so awesome, played just the right mix of music for us and our guests.  His rates are great, and he comes with his wife to set up and take down.

Stay an extra week with just my DH.  While we loved having our guests all week, it was nice to just relax just the two of us and decompress.

Wouldn't Do

Palm fans.  I had given them to my WC to put on the seats at the ceremony, but it was so windy out, they were placed on the backs of the chairs, so guests thought it was just decor.  But it was so windy out they weren't needed at all.

Pack so much clothes.  I really only wore a bikini during the day with a coverup, and a nicer dress for dinner and at night.  I brought so many shoes, and basically only wore flip flops or a nice pair of sandals at night!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would/Wouldn't Do

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards