Military Brides
Options

Good news thread anyone? :)

Care to share any good things that are going on? I've just had a very good day and I'm wondering if anyone else has anything good going on? Exciting news, events, wedding plans, anything really. :)

I got back from San Antonio a little while ago and am really happy. :) Finalized everything and have a start date for a well paying job and got the address for my new home too. I'm really excited about moving in the next couple of weeks! I'm finally fully financially independent! :D

Re: Good news thread anyone? :)

• Options
    Yay how exciting!!!

Umm.. I got my car fixed  a few days ago (It had been having problems and shifting really hard....like engine going to fall out hard) and it was just a sensor thing, and it was only about $200, I was sort of afraid it was something muuchhh worse!! 

I made a really fantasticly healthy dinner. I have been trying to cook healthier for when H comes home we can be healthy together... I have been doing a pretty good job, I think. =)  Plus, it is so much cheaper to make dinner than it is to get somewhat healthy takeout.

I overall feel awesome because, a few years ago I bought these shoes off the clearance rack. They are a great shade of Teal, I just found them again in my closet and have been wearing them. EVERYTIME I wear them I get complemented on them and asked where I got them... ...uhh... clearance 2010?

Photobucket
  • Options
    Lets see...I stayed home sick today, but was able to successfully clean the house little by little, even though I feel like crap. So, that was cool. H's birthday is on Wednesday, and we're going to celebrate on Friday and Saturday. Oh! I tried on pants yesterday that I never thought I would fit into. They not only fit, but no muffin top! I didn't buy them though because they looked painted on lol. That's the best I can do here.
  • Options
    Amanda: It's good to hear it wasn't anything worse! I gotta get on the healthy boat as well, with FI potentially going into the police force I want him as healthy as possible AND it'll be much cheaper to eat at home. :) It's ridiculous how you'll pay so much more for a salad than for a really unhealthy burger. :/                                                                                                                                     Don't you just love it when that happens? :)  I should dig around my closet and see what I find. :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_good-news-thread-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc24fb34-fc74-424b-bd77-2e17f61a2393Post:c291155d-0b67-48c6-a540-68ebc909e922">Re:Good news thread anyone? :</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lets see...I stayed home sick today, but was able to successfully clean the house little by little, even though I feel like crap. So, that was cool. H's birthday is on Wednesday, and we're going to celebrate on Friday and Saturday. Oh! I tried on pants yesterday that I never thought I would fit into. They not only fit, but no muffin top! I didn't buy them though because they looked painted on lol. That's the best I can do here.
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]
                                                                                                         YAY!!! Happy Birthday to your H!!! :D Also, I hope that you feel better. And yet another YAY!!!! for no muffin top! I had to get rid of a lot of pants recently cause....I'm getting all hippy...it's wierd to still be growing. lol
  • Options
    I've been to the gym at least twice a day for the last week. This may be more than I've exercised in two years, I am not kidding. I realize that I procrastinated like crazy on doing this and am headed back to MS in a little over a week to take care of some stuff and I had to make some progress before I left. 

FI promoted last Friday and it went really well. I'm so proud of him!
  • Options

Yay to all the good news.  I have been so slack in going to the gym as of late. I need to get my butt kicked back into gear.

Lots of good news on the home front.  H got his official orders.  We have known for awhile where we were going but now it is in writing.  I wasn't excited/happy at first but since looking at the area I am getting more excited.  Looking foward to the new adventure.  I am basically trading my flip flops for rain boots since we will be heading to the Seattle area (well just outside). 

Also, I have almost kicked this deployment's ass! (CAB can I say ass?)  Basically H will be home so soon I can't even stand it. 

I also got a pay increase at work...to bad that I am leaving the job soon for the big move. Oh well a few pay checks with the increase is better than nothing.

• Options
    ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    I seriously don't have any good news. I got rejected froma job I really wanted, my aunt passed away and I can't go home for the funeral. But on the flip side, Friday h and I leave for Jacksonville for a weekend getaway. It is much needed right now. And yay for everyone on their good news! I'm on TK mobile so no spaces or punctuation. Sorry!
  • Options
    I had my rebel moment against the Military/MC for not picking me and I got more ink last night. I think my attempts at the military have run their course. I'm frustrated and DH is considering going reserve status at the end of this enlistment anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Good news thread anyone? ::[QUOTE]I had my rebel moment against the Military/MC for not picking me and I got more ink last night. I think my attempts at the military have run their course. I'm frustrated and DH is considering going reserve status at the end of this enlistment anyway. Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]
    What did you get?? And I'm sorry about the MC as well. But work is going good? And where are you guys going to next? Back to 29 palms?
  • Options
    Ggirl, I'm really sorry to hear about your aunt.  I know that was a long time coming, but it still must have been incredibly difficult.  And I'm also sorry to hear about the job - I know your current one stresses you out.

Sammy, I'm sorry you're frustrated and I'm sorry you didn't get selected.  That sucks.  A lot.  You deserve some time to mope and regroup.  I'm sure you'll find an even better path!

My good news is that I'm a month from my wedding - woot woot!  FI finished the bar - woot woot!  So now we just tie up some details, get hitched, go on a honeymoon, and then hopefully come back just in time to relocate somewhere for him to go Active Duty - somewhere in there hopefully we'll get orders & bar results.

Anniversary

• Options
    Gg- sorry to hear about your aunt. 

Cali- wow that is really soon.  It seems like time is flying by for sure.
  • Options
    Geegs. I am so sorry :(
    Same to you, Sammy. H is right where you are right now. Dunzo. I want to know what you got, though!
  • Options
    Ggirl I got a hummingbird on my shoulder. I'll post pics on FB eventually. Work is good. I'm really enjoying it. I'll miss everyone when I have to leave for the fabulous 29 Palms. DH wants me to stay in PA until I find some work out there though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ggirl and Sammy, I'm sorry to hear the bad news :( I hope that things start to look up for you guys as far as jobs and family go. Cal- The time went by so fast! :) Hope everything goes smoothly! Also, like Ggirl, I am on TK mobile which is really screwy... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards