New Jersey - South
Options

What is your "something blue" going to be?

I think I might do blue earrings. My dress is ivory and my girls are wearing navy blue, so I think that will look pretty + simple with everything.  

Re: What is your "something blue" going to be?

• Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing royal-blue-and-white garters (one to toss, one to keep) since those are my wedding colors anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking that I want to do blue shoes, since I love blue and its the color for my wedding.  I will probably have some blue in my garter as well, but we'll see since I haven't found one yet!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rachel:  I bought my garters on Ebay if you're interested.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for royal blue shoes with some bling for my something blue. Something I could always wear again Smile
  • Options
    J3nn-NloveJ3nn-Nlove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I might add our initals in those blue rhinstones on the bottom of my shoes, and wear the Light Blue perfume! Love that scent!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jody:  I'd love to see which vendor you used.  I was kinda hoping I could find a university of delaware one cause thats where FI and I went, but I'm having trouble for some reason!

J3nn-Nlove:  light blue smells sooooo good and thats such a cute idea for something blue!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

maybe undergarments im not sure.. because anything blue that is shown would throw off my color scheme lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also considering blue shoes. My color is blue but its more of an aqua/turquoise. My girls dresses are black with an aqua sash so I was thinking about getting shoes dyed the same color. I am still on the fence. If not my garter has blue in it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a little blue bow sewn on the inside of my garter and that'll probably be it!  haha

Viewfromheaven- There's a convo on the Philly board today about sports team garters.  You may want to check there for stores to check out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rachel:  I tried to located "University of DE Wedding Garters" on Ebay but didn't come up with anything.  But here is a link for thousands of garters sold on Ebay:

http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Wedding-Apparel-Accessories-/3259/i.html?_nkw=wedding+garter&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282
  • Options
    cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hhmm something blue??  My DRESS!!    Surprised  I am very serious!!  The color is pretty much NAVY BLUE. As I mentioned in numerous TK messages, my dress is very non-traditional.  Since last summer, I knew I wanted blue in my wedding. I NEVER evverrr thought it would be my dress!  Trust me, I have had second thoughts about it... thinking maybe I should have gone more "traditional".... but I simply LOVE it!  AND.. I feel absolutely amazing in it (and I don't look too shabby, either).  That IS what it's all about ...right girls??  (and just think of the pictures taken on the beach!!) Smile
  • Options
    sbf2sbf2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my something blue will hopefully be my shoes....i think the splash of color is so cute!

cmaygrl...post your dress! i love the idea of something out of the norm!
  • Options
    cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sbf2 - I would love to share, but I have absolutely no idea how. Seeing we'll be getting hit AGAIN w/the white stuff, I'm going to try and work on my "knot" website after I get home from the gym tonight.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_something-blue-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:8c7df49f-f597-41af-87f4-58b2787fe3fbPost:2a7010b7-e264-4f34-afb4-e0daf9a7562f">Re: What is your "something blue" going to be?</a>:
    [QUOTE]sbf2 - I would love to share, but I have absolutely no idea how. Seeing we'll be getting hit AGAIN w/the white stuff, I'm going to try and work on my "knot" website after I get home from the gym tonight.
    Posted by cmaygrl[/QUOTE]

can you just give us a link? I am also dying to see it! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Viewfromheaven- I got a sports team garter from Etsy.  I'm wearing a flyers garter as my finance is a HUGE fan!

I have blue in garter and small blue diamond earrings from my MOH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the garter suggestions girls!  mumidi, which etsy seller did you use?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't really think about it until just now.  I like the blue garter idea though! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My mother passed away almost 13 years ago and her birthstone is aquamarine so I'm going to wear something in remembrance of her that will also be blue.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    cmaygrl- That's really cool. Blue used to be the preferred colour for wedding dresses.

Not sure if I'm going to to the whole thing but "something blue" will be peacock feathers. I'm probably going to buy a comb or barrette from Etsy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    My FI went to the University of Arizona so I'm going to be wearing a U of A garter. I was also looking for a UD garter too since that's where I went but I couldn't find any.
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    edited December 2011
    My birthstone is aquamarine so I am having aquamarine earrings made.  I decided not to wear a garter so I needed to put the blue in somewhere else.  And being that I always wanted earrings with my birthstone and the fact that my birthday is in two weeks, I thought I would spoil myself, well actually I convinced my mom to spoil me, but those are just details....haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards