New Hampshire
Options

Sky Meadow Tasting Tomorrow

Any knotties going?  FI and I can't wait!!! ;o)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sky Meadow Tasting Tomorrow

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have fun!

FI and I did our tasting last week at our venue and it was a blast! Be sure to tell us all about it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I barely come to this board but I went. It's a blast and the food is delicious!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to see another SMCC bride, Mrsk!  I have to admit that I was a little disapointed with the tasting.  FI and I were the last table to go up to the buffet, so I'm hoping we just received food that was sitting under a heat lamp longer than anticipated.  Our dutchess potatos has a crusty chewy skin around it and one of this chickens was like cutting through rubber.  The tenderloin was fab though! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was one of the first tables and the duchess potatoes are actually really delicious when they are fresh. I have had them before when they had been sitting and they are pretty gross then. Which chicken did you try? I only like the sauteed chicken but that's because I'm a picky eater :) Did you pick your menu?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lucky! ;)  The inside of the dutchess potatoes were REALLY good!  The potential for the outside to get the way it did just scares me a bit.  I think it was the Sky Meadow Chicken that was rubbery.  The Chicken Hawthorne was really good.  FI and I thought we were dead set on the St. Andrew's Chicken but then when we tried it wasn't that great.  The Sauteed Chicken was really good as well!

We're half way there decided on the menu.

Hors d'oeuvres
    Espinaca dip with chips
    Vegetable Crudite
    Mini Beef Sliders
    Bruschetta
    Scallops in Bacon
    Sweet and Sour Chicken Kabob

Appetizer
    (TBD - likely Wedding Soup)

Salad
    Sliced Tomatoes with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella

Entrees
    Roast Tenderloin of Beef
    (TBD - Sauteed Chicken, Chicken Hawthorne, or Baked Stuffed Shrimp)

Sides
    Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes
    (TBD - Green beans almondine or snow peas & carrots)

Have you decided on any menu items?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did!

Hors d'oeuvres
    Coconut Chicken
    Teriyaki Beef Skewer
    Scallop in bacon
    Bruschetta
    Roasted vegetables on crostini
    cheese tray

Appetizer
    not sure but looking at the pasta and garlic bread

Caesar salad

Sauteed Chicken
    and either the tenderloin or prime rib.. still undecided but starting to lean towards the tenderloin knowing someone else likes it ;)

And cake by Debby :)

The couple across from me liked the chicken hawthorne a lot as well. It definitely does depend on when you get the food. I  would have never picked the duchess potatoes if we didn't go to the tasting but if they're hot, mmm delicious! Well good luck on the rest of your planning! Hope to see some photos after the big day ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum!! That sounds fantastic!  I'll def. post pics!  I can't believe it's only 6 months away.  Time's going to fly for the both of us! Happy planning! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards