Rhode Island
Options

Rain Plan- Narragansett

I am almost positive we have our transportation figured out.
It seems liek a lot but basically we are going to use a trolley and it will drop us off close to the Towers before the wedding where we can take photos and will go pick up the guests.

Anyway- The girl at Rockstar asked me what my "rain plan" was for the day. I don't really have one and I have NO IDEA where i could take indoor photos in narragansett.

Any ideas?
I figured if worse came to worse, we could always just take some inside the hotel (but that seems so BLAH.

now i am freaking out that i need a rain plan so that the trolley doesnt just drop us off outside in the rain lol.

I already emailed kate at the towers to see if possible, if raining, if we could go inside the towers at 5:30 (even though the reception doesn't start until 6) to take photos with teh wedding party. And before that I figured we could find another location to take photos at from 4-5:30
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Rain Plan- Narragansett

• Options
    I am sure that is going to be fine. The Towers has come nice indoor photo spots (the stone walls, balcony and back staircase). I think she just needs to know ahead of time that you would like to do that so the attendants know.
  • Options
    I also think that works well.  Maybe ask your photographer too if they have any other suggestions/concerns if there is rain.  If they have shot in the area before they can be a great resource. 

I also don't think you will have to worry about rain at all!
  • Options
    My rain plan was a pink umbrella and pink rain boots. But it didn't rain so I returned the umbrellas and kept the boots. I didn't want to spend anymore moolah renting out a space and lose the deposit if it didn't rain. 
  • Options
    ha! I hope I don't have to worry about it at all.right now I am just thinking we can go back to the hotel from 4-5 then head over to the Towers to take photos inside.

Moni- I thought about that idea too, but I was thinking from 4-6pm was a LONG time in the rain.

I also think we are renting a trolley so i figured we could do some photos on there as well.
  • Options
    We used the trolleys through Rockstar for our wedding. They're so fun!! And you're right, we took some really fun photos inside of it, though that's not where we did our formal portraits.
    As previously mentioned, your photographer and/or venue coordinater might have suggestions for rain locations. You might not need a totally enclosed spot, even just a gazebo or something might work! That's what we did, and it worked out really well. Even though it didn't end up raining, it was 80* on that October day so we were thankful to have the shade! What about somewhere as simple as the buildings by a Narragansett beach? Those places where they store beach stuff - that might be fun.
    Good luck - that's always a point of stress to figure out!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    oh thanks! Id idn't think about going to the pier shops and kind of doing something over there. I was also thinking we could take some photos "under" the Towers as well.
    It just seems like a really long time to be out in the rain- but again- fingers crossed for NO RAIN at the end of august :)

Even so, i am hoping if it rains it would just be a sun shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards