Maine

rehearsal dinner

does anyone have any good suggestions for rehearsal dinners in the kennebunkport area?

Re: rehearsal dinner

• edited December 2011
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Steakhouse in Wells.  Not sure if they do rehearsal dinners, but you should check.
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_rehearsal-dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:9328b1da-e3e1-4b56-bef6-5ebdc3888158Post:bab7930e-9033-4907-8b94-0428b8e7cca2">Re: rehearsal dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Steakhouse in Wells.  Not sure if they do rehearsal dinners, but you should check.
    Posted by annamariacushman@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Agreed! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The White Barn Inn is a place I really want to go one of these days and I think it would be perfect for your RD.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this is the right board for this or not.

But I am having a little trouble with the to be in-laws.

My sister is doing our photography and has had a big part in the planningof the wedding, and is going ot be helping to set up and at the rehersal.

My finaces parents said at first that it was okay for her to come to the rehersal because her daughter(my niece) is a junior bridesmaid.  Now, they are getting ready to send out the invitations and are saying that my sister is not invited. 

I really want my sister there.  What should I do?  Any advice is appreciated.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should be able to have immediate family at your rehearsal dinner regardless of what part they have in the actual ceremony.  If she's the photographer on top of that (and her daughter is a junior bridesmaid) , it's all the more reason.  Do they just expect her to drop her daughter off and leave?   I

would find out the reasoning behind them excluding her and try to overcome that.  Maintaining happy family relationships are especially important at this time.  And don't be afraid to use your fiance as a ally here - maybe he can tell them how important it is for you that your sister is there. 

If they ignore both of your wishes, maybe they don't need to be planning your rehearsal dinner.
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto. Having immediate family there is nearly a given. It's kind of weird that want to exclude her. Are they worried about money? Maybe you should talk with them about the whole dinner and make sure they don't have any anxiety about paying for it. Even if they are hosting it, it's still the RD for YOUR wedding, so make sure it's what you want. If they aren't willing to budge, then maybe you should put it on yourself.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards