Massachusetts-Boston
Options

how far ahead to book make-up artist?

Hi all,

How far ahead to you usually have to schedule trials and book make-up or hair? I raelly have no idea when I should look. Thanks!

Re: how far ahead to book make-up artist?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you're safe a month or two out.  Just be sure to give yourself enough time in case you need to have more than one trial with more than one hair and makeup artist.  But really, I guess it depends on when your wedding is.  I'm a November bride, so my hair and MUA was available.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some of the popular ones book months in advance. If you're a summer bride, it's better to book earlier than later.
  • Options
    courtchacecourtchace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I booked mine 13 months out but thats because she is very popular and I already know girls who tried to book her that far out and she was booked on their date. Im sure some arent this busy but I chose to be better safe than sorry when securing her!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Special events 9 months out asap and scheduled my trial in march for my september wedding. If your nervous I would schedule trial run earlier just in case your not happy. But I was super confident in their amazing reviews that I felt safe. Noel did my make-up and she was amazing. My make-up was flawless. My fiance broke out that weekend due to nerves and she covered it up for him so well. You couldn't see the pimple in any pictures. Also, rachel did our hair. She was so patience and easy to work with. Book these girls asap when you pick your venue . I did that and so glad I did cause noel said she was booked every weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like PPs said a lot of MUA and hair stylists that are popular are booked far in advance. I tried booking my MUA about 4 months out and most people were already booked, but I was lucky to find a great person. My hair stylist is the same one I have been going to for years, so she knew well in advance. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i booked Caitlin Murphy last april  for my wedding which is in july..she's incredibly popular and her work is amazing. she's definitely booking into 2012 now. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards