Canada-Alberta
Options

Edmonton Venues - any suggestions? (please help a BM!)

So here's the background on this question - a few months back I was elated to hear from my friend that she was officially engaged and she wanted me as a BM!

Her wedding is June 2011 and as we started talking she mentioned needing to hunt down a venue and I volunteered to look around a bit. Have any of you ladies found or used venues in Edmonton? My friend wants to get married in a church but also pay respect to her fiancee's culture (his parents are VERY big on chinese culture) by also having a tea ceremony afterwards. Any places (suggestions or places to stay away from) in the Edmonton area? Churches with nice grounds is what we're currently thinking, wedding of 200 people or so, probably formal dinner afterwards, trying to reduce travel.

Sorry for the long-ish post, thanks for your help!

Re: Edmonton Venues - any suggestions? (please help a BM!)

• Options
    ssalomonsssalomons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When i was looking for a venue, i emailed the tourist information for the city i was looking in and they sent me a list off all the hotels/confrence centres/halls/ and clubs and how many people they held. You could try that maybe they could suggest something or have a list that they could send you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't know what your price range is.. but here is a few. 

-The HOtel Macdonald (pricey)
    - The Matrix Hotel
    The Chateau Louis
    - The university
    - The citadel
    - River Cree Resorts
    -The crown Plaza
    Oh the list goes on and on....
    You can always google it. That's how I found my reception site....
    -The union Bank Inn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Dear.... It appears I may have typed and hit enter before I completely read the question.... sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards