March 2013 Weddings

I said "YES" to the dress!

My mom and I went dress shopping yesterday while FI has a guys weekend in Colorado.

I had three appointments booked. One at 9:00, 1:00 and 3:30.

The first salon made me feel terrible about my body. :( I left nearly in tears. All of their sample dresses are 4's and 6's. I am an 8 in street clothes and from looking at the designers size charts, knew I needed a 10 or even a 12 in some wedding dresses due to my large ribcage. I did not feel pretty. All I could do was think about how much weight I needed to lose. After struggling with body image my entire life, I was suddenly doing nothing but criticizing my "problem areas" instead of focusing on my wedding dress.

So, we headed to the next store after a little lunch.

I walk in the store and the receptionist tells me to go pick out some dresses I liked from the back. I was so relieved. MOST of the samples were 10's! I had a way better Idea of how it would fit. Each dress my consultant brought in kept getting poofier and poofier. I wanted a fit and flare with organza...not a ball gown...but guess what I ended up with? Hehe

It's a Sottero and Midgley- Chrystelle :)
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.

Re: I said "YES" to the dress!

• Gorgeous! Congrats on finding the dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • LOVE the dress!! You look beautiful and its so fun!! And I cannot believe how they treated you at the first salon... I am a size 8, sometimes 10, in street clothes and although I think I could lose a few pounds, that is NOT a big size!! Please don't feel bad about yourself, you look so great! And as long as you are comfortable in your own skin- you will look great no matter what size. Most stores have 10s for their sample sizes so that first salon you went to is not a place you'd want to give your money to anyway.

Also- I was the same way wanting a fit and flare and ending up with a ball gown. Just goes to show you have to have an open mind! Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    By the way, about the sizing thing.. totally understand. I'm about a size 16 in dresses (12ish in pants). Most stores had a decent selection of bigger dresses to try but it sucked not being able to try more styles or really get an idea of what it would look like in the right size. If it makes you feel better, I was shocked when my teeny tiny friend told me what size she had to order in her dress! I mean, she's tiny. Like the kind of girl who was back to her pre baby weight when she left the hospital. Not to mention she's short too. Anyways, she got like a size 10 or something and I was so shocked! So don't let the number get to you! Glad you found something perfect :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!  Very flattering, congrats!
    March 2013 Oct Siggy-Hair Inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE it ... it looks great on you ... you definitely are going to rock it come March!!!  I'm the same with the sizing issue ... I'm an 8 street clothes, bridal gown is a 10, and kill myself over it all the time ... why can't we all just be content?  For me .. it's like either shut up, or stop eating ice cream ... I can't seem to do either. Hmph.  Oh well, the gown fits =)

YAY!  Things just got REAL for you ... =)  You're beautiful in that gown!
  • Yay! It is perfect! I am a firm believer in EVERYTHING happens for a reason. I am deeply sorry that you had a bad experience at the first store, but look how wonderful it turned out. That dress is amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you SO much you all! You all are so kind.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • That dress looks amazing on you!  wow...its gorgeous!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whoa, Jordan!!! You look amazing in that dress!!

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Thank you Miss Julie!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards