Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Just Married :)

Hi Everyone

I wanted to come on and introduce myself.  My DH (Z) and I are newly married, and I am already having planning withdrawals.  We were engaged for 19.5 months, with all that went into the planning I am now at a loss of what to do.  I am currently not working but looking, and so I am utterly bored at home without things to do besides housework.  

Has anyone else gone through a huge hit like this?  I am up at 1:00am unable to sleep (but that could also be because I am sick with a darn cold).  

Daddy and his little girl getting their grove on! imageAnniversary Vacation

Re: Just Married :)

• Options

I think it happens to every Bride,try to focus on other things or take up a hobby mabye scrapbooking or something....

• Options
    I took up reading (real books, not just wedding mags) again! I gone through 4 in the past month.   It is great, and I do not miss wedding stuff at all.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I felt the same way. It is like it all hits you at once after you get back from the HM and settle into life as a married couple.

I definitely agree with taking up a hobby or something that interests you.
  • Options
    I know the same thing is gonna hit me after my big day in July, for the last 10 months not a day has gone by where I havent planned something wedding related!! Thankfully a month after we get married my niece will be born so that will keep me occupied!!
  • Options
    I miss the crafts and planning as well.  My next project will be the wedding album, with photos, cards, etc.  I think my husband was afraid I'd suffer depression from lack of a project, so he said he was going to encourage me to ride more and train for a competition (horseback), which I've wanted to do but couldn't what with all the wedding planning.

Frankly, I have a million things to do anyway with running a farm!

Anna
    http://www.orchardcreekfarmsite.com

• Options
    I'm feeling the same way!! I'm passing the time by ordering pictures and stuff... and now trying to buy a house! We have 2 dogs and a cat so that helps too.... but I miss it as well, so does my hubby!
  • Options
    I am definatly feeling the same way, I was working two jobs and planning the wedding and now I don't have to work as much because the wedding was less than I expected and I don't have the wedding to plan anymore. I have decided to take on a new project of loosing weight I tried while planning the wedding and lost 15 but it wasn't as much as I wanted so now I have a wedding next March and am wanting to look good for that. I also am bringing my Hubby in this project with me to and we are going to start going on walks and doing WW together, its something that we can do together! Maybe think of something you and your hubby can do together too.
  • Options
    So happy to be done with the planning!  The stress is over and married life rocks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards