May 2012 Weddings
Options

Lipstick?

I never really wear lipstick..but i plan on it for the wedding.

what brands stay on better? I know there is a new lipstain..but i cannot for the life of me remember what brand it is!!

TIA!!

Re: Lipstick?

• Options
    norweigannorweigan member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm kinda a makeup fanatic (not the weird makeup kind of fanatic, I just love makeup) I would go for m.a.c. The brand was originally meant just for makeup artists and the people who work there are very helpful. I have a lipstick from there that stays on really well.

Definitely don't do bare minerals anything. While the makeup is pretty it is not long wearing, and I was told by a friend who is a sephora manager that it is horrible for photos. Plus another friend whose wedding I was in had her makeup artist use it and it came off before the ceremony even began.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with the PP about Bare Minerals makeup, but I LOVE their lip gloss- It covers really well for me, isn't sticky, and lasts longer than a lot of other glosses I've tried.

Are you thinking of the Cover Girl lipstain? It stays on for a couple of hours for me- So not really as long lasting as you think it would be.
  • Options
    I am interested in hearing what you girls have to say about this, too. I am just an everyday chapstick girl and I hate those sticky lip glosses.
  • Options
    I'm worried about the lipstick coming off as well. Though, I've tried a lipstain type of thing before and it really dried out my lips. Definitely don't want the flaking lips. So, which would be recommended that would be long lasting but, not the type that has that separate moisture additive that if I don't use every 5 mins would dry out my lips. :(
  • Options
    I wear gloss a couple of days a week, definitely avoid NARS gloss, their colors are beautiful but not long lasting. My sister swears by Covergirl Outlast lipshine. 

I'm having my makeup trial in April for bridal portraits and if I'm not happy with the staying power of whatever lipstick they use for me I plan to go to the drugstore and buy every long lasting lip product they have and testing until I find one I like!
  • Options
    Look into Dior Addict Lip Glow. It's on the more expensive side, but a great product IMO. It is supposed to react with your own chemicals to create a natural color of pink, which might be a good option if you don't normally wear lipstick. I actually bought this product for the wedding... But have been wearing it regularly already!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am wearing LipStain.. I think its Cover Girl.
    And I disagree about Bare Minerals... My make up seriously never comes off, and I wear Bare Minerals daily. For those of you who claim it wears off, just use some All Nighter spray from Urban Decay.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_lipstick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:18d3db39-8941-4d28-b4f9-5e0a34c20823Post:4f9f79c8-1560-4902-bfc0-d2afcd20a51d">Re: Lipstick?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am interested in hearing what you girls have to say about this, too. I am just an everyday chapstick girl and I hate those sticky lip glosses.
    Posted by cshoaf1[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too! I think I am just going to maybe wear chapstick with a little tint, but probably not because I don't want it to rub off on FI during our kiss.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_lipstick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:18d3db39-8941-4d28-b4f9-5e0a34c20823Post:99767d19-a268-4ee4-a244-3fb552bb722f">Re: Lipstick?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am wearing LipStain.. I think its Cover Girl. And I disagree about Bare Minerals... My make up seriously never comes off, and I wear Bare Minerals daily. For those of you who claim it wears off, just use some<strong> All Nighter spray from Urban Decay.</strong>
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm intrigued! Definitely going to try it- My Bare Minerals makeup always seems to disappear by the end of the day. I really like it, I just wish I could get it to stay put :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards