Florida-North Florida
Options

Do I need pew decorations?

I am conflicted about whether or not I need pew decorations at our ceremony.  Originally we said we weren't going to because our venue, The Cathedral Basilica, is so beautiful on its own and because we are trying to keep our flower budget down.  But I also want to make sure the atmosphere from the ceremony to cocktail to reception feels personal and special.

Here's some pictures of the church:

What do you ladies think? What are y'all doing for ceremony decorations?
Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Do I need pew decorations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pew decorations are never necessary (decorations in general aren't necessary lol).  The church is very beautiful on its own so if I were you, I wouldn't even worry about it if it's not in your budget.  I had an outdoor ceremony with chairs, but I only had two small carnation balls hung from the first row of chairs to designate where our families were sitting.  There was nothing on the rest of the chairs (but I did set up a few candles down the aisle on the ground- pics in married bio). 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhh....I am struggling with the same thing? I want it to look wedding-y....haha, but I don't want it to look cheesy.  I have 2 very simple flower arrangements on the altar, but wonder if I need more than that.  Our church needs a little sprucing up though...I think that your church is beautiful! I wouldn't worry about decorations!  Any way to save money in the crazy spending sprees that wedding can become...haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Now I feel more confident about my choice not to decorate!

Dara Jeanne, we should get together to chat about our River House receptions!!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it were a plain church I would think about it but since this is the cathedral I would save you money.  The cathedral is so beautiful that you son't need to dress it up.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, definitely! I would love to hear what you are going to do there.  We just moved out of state, so unfortunately I am not local...but if you want to PM me, we can have some "River House" chat...haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't figure out how to PM you! If you know how, feel free to send me a message first...or email me at cynthia.krenek at gmail.com!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards