Moms and Maids

Question

I have a qiuck question My best friend is getting married and I'm her Maid of honor can my dress be long or short like the bridesmaids

Re: Question

• edited January 2012
    I'd ask her. I'm assuming from your question that your friend is giving you freedom to pick the dress you want. Lots of MOHs like to have long dresses if the BMs have short dresses, and vice versa. I'd ask your friend if she has any preferences, and if not than do whichever you're most comfortable in. You can match, or not. It's no longer the absolute norm for BMs to all wear the same dress.
  • I gave all my girls 2 or 3 options, and they all picked the same dress. I'm having my MOH wear Jade with a Truffle sash, and the rest of the BP are wearing Truffle dresses with Jade sashes. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ask what your bride would like.  I do think different lengths tend to look a bit odd though.
  • My BM's will be in long pewter dresses with light pink accents and my MOH will be in Black with pewter accents. I told her that she could select short, knee or long and we agreed if the rest of the WP is in long then she didnt want it to look weird. I would def ask her what she would prefer but if the BM's will be in all long or short then I would stick with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards