Texas-Austin

Vineyard weddings near Austin

Hi Knotties,

I live in Houston but would like to get married on a vineyard near Austin. Do you have any recommendations? I think Spicewoods Vineyard is our frontrunner at the moment. Ideally, I would like to shuttle my guests from the vineyard back to the hotel at the end of the reception. I would like the hotel to be in downtown Austin, so I'm also interested in any vineyard where that situation would be feasible. Your thoughts are very much appreciated!!!!

Re: Vineyard weddings near Austin

• a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure what your budget is but when we were looking at venues, we really liked Thurman's Mansion. It is owned by the same company/family as Salt Lick BBQ. The mansion is located on their land and overlooks their vineyard. It is really pretty.

http://thurmansmansion.com/

That being said, it is in Driftwood, so I am not sure how feasible the downtown hotel option would be.

Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hi cdiaz6! We're doing a vineyard wedding just outside of Austin, as well... you've got great taste! :) After visiting several vineyards in the area we decided on Driftwood Winery. You'll have to visit in person because they don't offer much information online, but the view is beautiful and they only charged us $2500 to rent the entire facility (including a bridal room). Hope that helps!!

Also, when you make your final decision on transportation, would you mind letting me know which shuttle/bus service you decide to go with? We'd like to shuttle our families to the vineyard and back, but are having a hard time finding anything under $1000. Thanks and good luck! :)
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out this venue.

http://www.lesanmichele.com/

I've seen pictures from this place on my photographer's FB site and it looks great.  I think pretty much any place will be accomodating for a bus or shuttle...you just have to rent them yourself.  And I think that's a great idea, shuttling your guests.  I plan on doing the same...our venue is in Lago Vista and guests will be staying at The Radisson and Four Seasons downtown.

It may help you to check out the local vendors section of The Knot.com.  There are several dozen wedding venues listed.

• edited December 2011
    I know of a vineyard in Florence, TX which is about 30 minutes north of Austin.  It's gorgeous. It was just being built when we started wedding planning and, if I had to do it over again, I would have chosen it as our venue. I think vineyard weddings are so beautiful.

Link: http://www.thevineyardatflorence.com/destination.php
  • edited December 2011
    My bestie is getting married in Feb at Becker Vineyard out in Stonewall - it's about 45 minutes outside the city. They have a beautiful lavender field there too. Good luck!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards