Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How long should I wait?

I had my engagement photos taken on Sat. Nov. 3rd and my photographer said they would be done "in a couple of weeks." I am excited to see them and start being able to order my save the dates... especially now that the holidays are getting close. I haven't heard anything from them yet about my pics and am wondering if i should contact them or just wait a little longer? I guess im a little afraid to contact too soon because then they might rush through some of the editing. Ive seen other brides get their epics within a week from other photographers so im just wondering what the norm is?!?!
***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How long should I wait?

• Im not sure what the norm is, but with the holiday (thanksgiving) being this week, I would wait until next week to say something. Maybe just email or txt asking how things are coming along after thanksgiving 
  • I don't think there is any "norm" since it depends on your photog's experience, bookings, etc., butmI would suggest sending a "feeler" email saying something like "Hey Photog! We had such a great time at our engagement shoot! Can't wait to see all the finished pictures. I'm sure you are super busy with the holiday season, but we were just wondering if you had an estimate for when we would be getting them back? We were hoping to send out STD's by THIS DATE." Then see what they say from there. The most important thing is to keep contacting them. Our photog said one week turnaround and it was 3.5 weeks. We just kept emailing and gradually got more forceful, but still polite and understanding. After all, you have to work with them on your big day and want them to want to do a good job. Additionally, if they don't respond to your email within a few days, I'd call, if they don't return calls, you need to go to the shop.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards