Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Roswell River Landing question/ Am I ready for my wedding...

Everyone keeps asking me this question, and the only response I can honestly give is that I'm ready for it to be over.  Somehow our guest count grew way out of control, causing both budget and stress level to grow.  And all of these last minute details are bound to kill me...

On another note, has anyone had/been to a wedding at Roswell River Landing with over 100 people?  We're guessing we'll probably have about 110 and my dad is suddenly freaking out that we don't have enough room, but the website says it fits 200, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned.  Thoughts?
Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011

Re: Roswell River Landing question/ Am I ready for my wedding...

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! I'm sorry you are having a stressful time. What happened with your guest list? Did your parents make demands about who to invite? If they pitched in, it was only fair that they got some say. If you and your FI are paying, then I hate to say it but the guest list was in your hands alone. If you have already sent invitations, then that ship has sailed. Don't worry with it anymore. It's done!

As for your venue, I would call your coordinator or manager. He or she probably knows best. How many people did you actually invite? Always plan for 100% attendance. If you invited more than the venue can hold, you may be risking some penalties for fire marshal violations and safety issues. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're also getting married at RRL and expect about the same amount of people. I honestly don't think it's going to be an issue. You have the loft area to think about as well... we also plan on having a couple different cocktail tables outside... this time of year is GREAT weather and people will probably spend a good amount of time out there.

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Be sure to post pictures of your wedding afterward so we can check it out as well!!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll lend my advice!!! We just catered a wedding there last weekend and if you want to know details I'll let you know. There were 150 people there. The area was tight but using the upstairs loft would have been great to spread it all around. I'd be glad to show you pics from there to show you what areas you can view for the most part. I'll private message you our website so you can see the pictures. I was thinking about getting married there as well. ;) But I'm only having about 100 people. Any specific questions? Be glad to help! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  We actually invited 145 but nearly all of our RSVP's are in and it's looking like we will have about 110, which is well below the maximum limit of people which is 200.  And we are planning on having some seating upstairs in the loft areas, so I think we should be fine.

My parents paid for the wedding, and it wasn't any one person's fault that the guest list got out of control, it was a group effort.  So, let this be a warning to you all- make sure you're keeping an eye on how many guests you're inviting!  It sounds simple enough, but it gets away from you quickly!
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
  • Options
    Butterfly chica can you send the pics to bnwill04@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards