Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Hello all! Question Re: Guest books

Hello, first time posting here. Posted this question on my month board & someone suggested posting it here for your opinions =]

My FI & I were thinking of doing Mad Libs for our guest book. Here are my 2 questions about this: (1) what would be the best way to present them to guests and let them know this is our guest book? (2) What did you do if you got any from guests after they had a few too many?

TIA =]

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello all! Question Re: Guest books

• Are you having a sit-down dinner? You could put the mad lib at each place setting with a note at the top explaining the situation.

We did not have a traditional guest book, either. We had a photo booth, where people wrote us notes on chalkboards and had their pictures taken, holding them up. We also had a "love notes" station where people wrote us notes and left them in envelopes. To be honest, the ones that people wrote when drunk were hilarious and the highlight of the whole thing. The guest book is now something we'll actually look at in the future instead of just throwing somewhere and never seeing again.

Anyway, in our program at the ceremony we just said, "Please sign our guest book by having your photo taken at the photo booth at the reception," or something. IF you have a host or hostess at your reception, have them spread the word.
  • What's a mad lib? We did a poloroid guestbook, it was a hit at our wedding!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with PP that if you did Mad Libs, I would put them at each place setting. You could have a small sign on each table explaining that you'd like guests to fill them out as your guestbook. Personally if we got some funny or inappropriate ones from tipsy guests, I'd laugh and love them! That would be just like our friends :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards