Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Boojum Tree advice?

Hello Ladies,

Has anyone been to a wedding or had a wedding of their own at Boojum Tree? When my FI and I walked in, we loved the setting! It's absolutely beautiful! But I have some real concerns with the logisitics and how the reception would run.

After the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, the reception/meal is indoors. However the dancing is then in a new location outside. So my guests will need to be hearded out when we are doing any special dances (or if they like to dance at all) and then back inside when we do the cake cutting, etc. The bar is also in a separate location from both of these places. You can choose to have the dancing inside (and since I'll have 75-100 people that is very doable), but I'm told the dj will need to be a little quieter in there due to the residential neighbors and that it doesn't have as nice sound quality.

Along with that sound issue is the fact that they don't allow any kind of live amplified music (or band) which was a strong desire of mine since I am a musician.

We also looked at the Regency Gardens and liked them quite a bit, but they weren't as stunning and don't seem to give you as much freedom to make it your own (correct me if I'm under a wrong impression). On the otherhand, I want an intimate wedding... not a divided one, and Regency has a great sized space that is still well put-together.

Thoughts? Shared experiences?
If anyone has any other suggestions of places we should check out we would love suggestions. Again, we're looking for something that has a more intimate  and unique feel as opposed to the grandeur.

Re: Boojum Tree advice?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, if you're not really set on either of those places, I would keep looking for something that has the best of both.

I hate to say it, but there are like a thousand venues in this area!    We really liked RG too, but the space was just a bit too big for our even size.  Seville is our venue, and the best part about them for us was the fact that they had more options for different size groups.  Huge ballroom for big events, and a gorgeous room on the other side of the clubhouse that will work great for us with around 50 people, with extra room on the patio that's all pretty open between if we want it to be, so it wouldn't feel divided even if we did have enough people to split up.

I'm sure you can find somewhere that will work perfectly for everything you want it to, there's just so many options around here.  It might take some time and patience, but I would say keep looking until you find that place that you just can't walk away from.

I love Seville so much, I make any excuse I can to spend time there... took e-pics there, go there to eat randomly for dinners... anything I can find.  LOL
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_boojum-tree-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:5ecd7c67-7856-4b35-b6a1-e66f3e2b4455Post:6920d2c9-5fb8-4779-bd78-1042dcba0a04">Re: Boojum Tree advice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, if you're not really set on either of those places, I would keep looking for something that has the best of both. I hate to say it, but there are like a thousand venues in this area!    We really liked RG too, but the space was just a bit too big for our even size.  Seville is our venue, and the best part about them for us was the fact that they had more options for different size groups.  Huge ballroom for big events, and a gorgeous room on the other side of the clubhouse that will work great for us with around 50 people, with extra room on the patio that's all pretty open between if we want it to be, so it wouldn't feel divided even if we did have enough people to split up. I'm sure you can find somewhere that will work perfectly for everything you want it to, there's just so many options around here.  It might take some time and patience, but I would say keep looking until you find that place that you just can't walk away from. I love Seville so much, I make any excuse I can to spend time there... took e-pics there, go there to eat randomly for dinners... anything I can find.  LOL
    Posted by Syndelin[/QUOTE]

We really loved Seville too, we tried so hard to make it work with our budget, but we just couldn't :(  The ceremony/reception fee really killed us...even for an off-season Sunday wedding.   After we realized Seville couldn't work for us, we kept looking and found Arizona Golf Resort which had the amenities that we loved at Seville, but was more in our price range...and we were able to get an in-season Saturday date!

Moral of the story...if you don't like something about a particular venue...keep looking.  There are sooooo many venues here it can get overwhelming, but you will definitely find something that meets your needs.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, we wouldn't have been able to afford Seville either for a weekend, on or off season.  It works out really well for us with a Thursday date.  The ceremony fee was waived, and the minimums were WAY lower!   It still brought our budget up farther than we intended to start, but managable still.   I just honestly fell in love with the architecture, feel, and layout of the place.  It would have been hard to walk away from it.

I do wish some days that we had kept looking around more to try to bring the cost down a little bit.  I just hate spending that much money on anything, much less one day thing, so it nags at me sometimes that I didn't price other places out enough before handing over the deposit.

I probably would do that no matter where we booked though.  LOL

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got married at Boojum Tree a couple of years ago before they finished the remodeling and before they had the outside dance area.  I didn't go, but she said that they did all of the dancing in the tented reception area and it was awesome.  I looked at BT and decided against it for the same reasons you're having issues: being so split up.  It doesn't make logistical sense to heard everyone out to the dance area then back (esp if you have any elderly grandparents).

Maybe it would be best to just keep looking.  Some nice intimitate places I looked at: Aldea, Secret Gardens, and Venue at the Grove.  

My feeling is that the venue will set the tone for your whole wedding- so pick a place you really love and that will work for you.

Good luck hunting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had it narrowed down to three and Boojum Tree was one of them.  We decided against it because we are getting married in April and it is super humid in there.  Gave the place an extremely musty smell.  I also did not like the separation.  If you are having doubts, I would keep looking.  If you are set on an outdoor wedding, there are a lot of venues out here that fit perfectly.  GL
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
  • Options
    ktsanders2bktsanders2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a guest at Boojum Tree for a February wedding, it was humid inside then as well. Separation following th emeal, once the music started, was an issue. Keep looking, you'll find the perfect spot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I looked at Boojum Tree, we decided to go with Wright House for our wedding, a little out of our budget but it was perfect for our tiny elopement style wedding with perfect back drop for pictures, I passed over it many times, but you can also check out farm at south mountian, I know that when I was looked in Sept they had some good prices, I know that they are closed for a while in the summer but just call around, never know what places will have good deals or work with your budget ^_~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards